CHAPTER 14

NOCTURNAL – DEVON MARTINEZ

“The hell’s happening here? What’s with all the commotion?” I turned to look at Vera standing firmly at the back door.

I arched my eyebrow and averted my gaze from her. I’m pretty sure she’s not talking to me so it’s better to ignore what she just said.

“Hey, I’m talking to you Brooke.” Just as I thought.

I looked at her again using my bored expression. “Ask someone else.” I plainly answered.

She’s still as rude as ever and I don’t tolerate that kind of attitude. When you’re asking someone, it won’t hurt if you respect the person who you’re asking to.

She smirked and shook her head.
If I had the chance to choose my own seat or different classroom, I wouldn’t think twice if it means being away from her.

She’s annoying and she acts like everybody will follow her nonsensical orders. Is she not aware that her rough attitude is what’s keeping her away from Camille?

I mean she loves Camille but Camille doesn’t give a damn about her feelings. She’s just persuing the wrong person. Camille has a point when she said that Vera’s pretty. If I were to rate her beauty, I guess it would be the same as Yvenne and her sister, Xylem.

“Even Camille’s joining them? Tsk!” I heard her whispered.

She’s already sitting beside me. I hadn’t noticed. I took a glance outside and saw them blatantly waving their hands at someone downstairs. Maybe Franco’s cousin is already here.

“Hey Franco! Didn’t you say your cousin’s coming here today?” Vera yelled suddenly.

Lahat ng classmate namin ay napalingon maliban na lang kay Franco na mukhang natutulog yata sa armchair niya. Late siya pumasok kanina at halata sa mukha niya ang antok. Bigla siyang niyugyog ng kaniyang katabi dahil sa sinigaw sa kaniya ni Vera.

“Huh? Bakit? Ano'ng meron?” Sabi niya habang nagkukusot ng kaniyang mga mata.

Tinuro ng katabi niya si Vera. Lumingon sa direksyon namin si Franco.

“You’re saying something, Vera?” He asked. Vera snorted.

“The hell’s with your cousin? Is he a celebrity or something? Why is our classmate acting like that because of him?” Turo niya sa labas.

Lumingon doon si Franco at natawa.

“Don’t blame them. Von’s quite popular even outside their school. He’s a social media influencer. Try searching for his facebook and instagram account. He also does modeling.” Franco shrugged.

He went back to his previous position and return to sleep.

“An influencer? A model? That’s gay.” Vera commented.

A remote place like this surprisingly has rich and famous people residing to it. It still won’t sink in on my mind.

“Bakit kaya siya nandito? Dahil ba kay Franco? Pero parang wala namang pakialam si Franco eh.” I heard others murmuring outside.

They still wouldn’t stop waving their hands. The teacher from the other room warned them not to be noisy but it seems like no one can stop them from fan girling.

I opened my bag and took the book out that I’m currently reading. Our teacher isn’t here yet and I don’t want to waste my time doing nothing.

I very much enjoy the plot twist of the story of this book and I badly want to find out first the mystery that the protagonist is trying to solve by herself. Stories like this are exciting to the point that you’re unconsciously hooked with how they were written.