CHAPTER 37

NOCTURNAL - THE FAMILY OF ALL GIRLS

"Mom! Oh my gosh! I didn't expect to see you here! A-And... Ate Frakie too?!"

"SURPRISE, HONEY!"

"I miss you, little sister of mine!"

By reflex, Yvenne automatically dropped her skateboard and ran straight to embrace her Mom and big sister. So that's what it looks like when you're excited to see your Mom after a long day from school. Not to mention Ate Frankie who came all the way here just because she missed them.

"What are you all doing here? M-Mom, how about your work in Austria? A-Ate, didn't you say you're working overtime 'cause you wanna finish your work earlier than the schedule?" She looks so confused right now.

If I were her, I'd be confuse too. Even I have no idea what's going on inside their family. I can tell that the two of them only come back home when they have time or when they feel like it. It's nice to be rich, huh?

Their Mom laughed it out in a graceful manner and then hugged her once more.

I still cannot believe that that's their Mother. I mean, she looks younger than my Mom. Well, Mom's not old enough for me to say that but Tita Ramona's beauty is something you can't specifically explain. I don't know. I can't certainly tell.

"My youngest daughter doesn't even know what's happening around her. Well, that's to be expected since she has no clue as to why we're both here." Tita Ramona exclaimed.

Ate Frankie shrugged her shoulders.

She fixed her hair while typing something on her phone. Xylem on the other hand is quietly standing next to Yvenne. She looks exhausted. By the way her eyelashes fall, you can clearly tell that she's not listening to the conversation her family is having. I supposed it was because she's already sleepy.

"Are you really my sister or not? It's my birthday next week. Hello? How on earth did you forget that?" Ate Frankie said bitterly while shaking her head.

Oh, so that's why she went home without a heads up to her family.

Yvenne creased her eyebrows, thinking if next week really is her sister's birthday.

"O-Of course, I-I remember! There's no way I'll forget that!" She laughed awkwardly.

Xylem shook her head. She yawned then unexpectedly pinched Yvenne's shoulder. "Ouch!" She yelled in pain.

"What a big fat liar. I have no idea where she inherited her transience memory but this little sister of ours tends to forget something so important in our life or in her life in the least." Xylem accused.

Camille who is sitting next to me started laughing. I cleared my throat when Tita Ramona turned her head around us.

"Okay, I admit, I forgot about your birthday, Ate Frankie. I'm sorry. But can you blame me? I was born forgetful." Yvenne reasoned out. She sounded so proud.

"Is that even an excuse?" Ate Frankie responded.

It's my first time seeing Yvenne so cornered. I didn't know she tends to forget necessary information related to her family. Is that even possible? I even remember the time when someone tried to steal my wallet inside my bag.

"I'm outta here." I heard someone said.

I stared at Aiden as he began to walk away. I wanted to ask where is he going but I don't think I have the right to know.

"Saan ka pupunta Aiden? Hindi ka ba uuwi sa inyo?" Camille asked him.

Aiden looked at us and then shrugged. "I'm staying at my friend's place." He fixed his bag then continue walking.