CHAPTER 36

NOCTURNAL - FRANCESCA GONZALES

"Oh my goodness, Camille! Look how pretty you've become! And how big you've grown! I almost didn't recognize you! Dalagang-dalaga ka na!"

"Ikaw din naman, Ate Frankie! Ang pretty mo pa rin at saka ang sexy mo na, ha!"

"Asus! I've gained weight, actually. Nahiyang yata ako sa Ireland."

They're still hugging each other while I stared at them looking like a lost cat who got caught up with some strangers on the street.

I can tell that the two of them are very close to one another. Based from the lady's appearance and the way she dresses, I assumed she's older than us and way too advance when it comes to fashion.

My choices of clothing are nothing compared to hers. I guess she's a fashion designer in Ireland. A famous one that has the potential to be known all over the world.

"Ano pala ang ginagawa mo rito, Ate Frankie? Akala ko ba nasa ibang bansa ka pa? Diba kababalik mo pa lang ng Ireland noong nakaraang taon?" Camille asked and returned to her seat next to me.

The lady named Frankie took a glanced at me and then went back to Camille.

"I filed a vacation leave for two months. I miss my two adorable sisters, my parents, you, my friends, and especially my boyfriend! Ireland's nice and all but nothing can beat the warmth of our own country." She smiled showing her perfectly white teeth.

Oh, so she's Xylem and Yvenne's older sister? Well, there's a resemblance but not as close to her little sisters, maybe because she's more mature and the makeup that she's wearing enhances more of her beauty.

"Nakakamiss talaga ang Pilipinas lalong-lalo na ang traffic kahit wala namang traffic dito sa probinsya natin at ang ingay ng palengke. Ay! Kamusta nga pala kayo ni kuya Elijah? Kayo pa rin ba?" Camille sounded so curious. She even took a bite on the doughnut I was holding in my hand.

Ate Frankie laughed so I think she saw it.

"We broke up when I went overseas. Hindi ko ba iyon nakwento sayo? He got back with his ex the moment I set foot in Ireland and I think I was to blame 'cause I pushed him away. Hindi ko naman kasi bet ang long distance relationship. It's hard and I couldn't handle it." She sat next to me so I moved a bit towards Camille who's listening intently to her stories.

This is really awkward. How long do I need to pretend that I'm okay with me sitting in between them without butting into their conversation? What's weird is that the lady is not asking for my name. I mean, she doesn't need to know, but isn't it appropriate to greet the person you just met? Well, I'm no one to talk, though. Should I just introduce myself?

"Talaga?! Diba matagal mo rin 'yong naging boyfriend, Ate? High School ka pa lang yata noong naging kayo eh. Pinakilala mo pa nga sa amin kahit wala pa kaming kamuwang-muwang nila Ate Xy noon." Camille chuckled and was about to smack my shoulder when I immediately blocked it using her school bag.

One thing I learned about her is that she gets violent when she's happy.

"Sinabihan mo pa ngang mukhang zombie si Elijah noon eh!"

"Totoo rin naman, Ate! Huwag kang magagalit ha pero ang payat payat niya kasi tapos ang putla pa ng balat. Dapat pala bampira ang sinabi ko, hindi zombie."

Then they started laughing again. I'm not sure if I should laugh too or what but I chose to shut my mouth to avoid possible humiliation.

"Oh, right. By the way, what's your name gorgeous?" I turned to her when she slightly poked my left hand.