CHAPTER 12

NOCTURNAL – BLONDE PHOTOGRAPHER

“Where is this place exactly?”

“If I remember correctly, I think it’s at the park.”

"Okay, we'll go there."

Felix and I are in search for the place where he and his girlfriend used to go on dates. When I scanned through the photos, there was a picture of a lady facing her back at the camera. Her slim hand was in the air while carelessly holding a red balloon.

Even if I couldn’t see her face, I can obviously tell that she’s beautiful. She’s also tall and her hair was brown and wavy.

“Brooke, you don’t need to do this. I’m already dead anyway.” Natigilan ako sa paglalakad at hinarap siya.

I’m not accepting a mediocre excuse from him.

“Then the more reason for me to find clues about your death.” Pagtatapos ko sa usapan.

Nagpatuloy na ulit ako sa paglalakad habang nakasunod siya sa aking likuran.

Honestly speaking, I’m far from desperate in finding out the cause of his death. I’m just curious. I mean... I’m able to see him. Maybe there’s a reason why I can see a ghost like him.

The park isn’t far away from our home. Actually it’s just near the school premises. Felix is surpringly quiet today. He is not his usual self but I couldn’t bring myself to talk to him about it. I suppose he’s been thinking a lot these days. Me being able to see him and him being able to touch me. There are so many things that are hard to explain.

“Brooke, can I tell you something?” He sounded so disheartened. I can’t take it anymore.

Tumigil ako sa paglalakad pero nananatili akong nakatalikod sa kaniya. Ayokong makita ang pagmumukha niyang hindi nasisiyahan sa binabalak naming gawin.

“I need to tell you something first. Why are you acting so weird? Did something happen?”

There’s a short silent between us.

“Uh, I was just wondering... why are you doing this to me?” He asked.

I sighed and then finally have the courage to face him. He can’t even look at me straight in the eyes.

“Because I want to.” I answered.

Tumingin siya sa mga mata ko at bumuntong hininga.

This is my first time seeing him so serious. It’s kind of awkward.

“Aren’t you scared of me?” He whispered but I obviously heard it.

“Why would I be? Because you’re a ghost?” I asked in return.

He nodded his head. “You’re spending more time with me than your friends. Am I not disturbing you?” He questioned. I blinked twice. I honestly don’t think about it like that.

“Not really. I only have few friends here so it’s all good.” I don’t want to prolong this conversation so I started walking again.

I can’t believe he’s been thinking about that ever since we hang out with each other. I haven’t even thought of him as a disturbance to me.

Finally, we’re already here in the park. I can see a lot of trees and there are benches below them. There is also a mini playground and food stalls scattered all over the place.

“Is this it?” I pointed the tree in front of me.

Kinuha ko ang picture sa loob ng bulsa ko para makita kung ito nga ba iyong puno sa picture.