CHAPTER 15

NOCTURNAL - THE OTHER SISTER

The classes ended in a flash. We've had a group activity today and my classmates and I went to the park to take some pictures of the nature's beauty. I can say that this day is the most relaxing one so far probably because Felix wasn't around to bother me all day.

He didn't show up in the classroom and even at the bench earlier. That's weird. Well, he's the definition of weird so I'm not expecting anything from him.

Because of what happened during lunchtime, Camille remained quiet through the whole period. She didn't even shoo Vera away who was clearly tickling her while the teacher was busy discussing her lessons.

I think she was thinking about that girl named Evangeline. She mentioned that that girl is suffering from the inside. I don't really get what she's trying to say but if I were to assume, I think what she meant was Evangeline's suffering mentally or emotionally. Something like that.

"Brooke?"

"Yup?"

I peeped inside the kitchen where Ate Ria's currently located. She's already cooking something for our dinner later.

"Pupunta ngayon dito ang bunso kong kapatid. Okay lang ba sa'yo?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Yeah, sure." Tumayo ako galing sa pagkakaupo, dala-dala ang box na pagmamay-ari ni Felix.

I'm planning to borrow his paint brushes. They all look expensive and still in good condition. I also know how to paint and it's been a while since the last time I painted. How nostalgic.

Ding Dong!

Bigla akong napahinto sa paglalakad at napalingon sa nakasaradong pinto. Kumunot ang noo ko at naglakad palapit doon ng may namumuomg kaba sa dibdib.

That's definitely not Mom. She wouldn't dare ring the doorbell.

Pipihitin ko na sana ang doorknob ng biglang sumigaw si Ate Ria sa aking likuran.

"Ako na, Brooke! Baka iyong kapatid ko na 'yan." She laughed awkwardly and then opened the door.

I saw a girl standing in front of the gate. She's wearing thick eyeglasses and her hair's in a braid. She looks kind of familiar. Have I seen her before?

Ate Ria opened the gate.

"Pasok na, Gwen." I heard her said.

"That girl..."

Yeah, right.

That's the girl who got bullied by Andrea. That's right, I've heard her name's Gwen or something like that.

This is completely unexpected but in this place you just got to expect the unexpected. Everything is somehow connected and that's why I find it interesting to live here.

"Ate, okay lang ba talaga? Hindi ba nakakahiya kay Brooke at saka kay Miss Felicity? Umuwi na lang kaya ako habang hindi pa umaalis ang tricycle." Gwen murmured.

Mahigpit siyang nakakapit sa braso ng Ate niya habang pinapalibot ang paningin sa buong paligid.

"Okay lang, Gwen. Ano ka ba? Kaya nga kita pinapunta rito eh dahil hindi naman sila magagalit. Huwag kang mag-alala. Mabait naman si Brooke at si Ate Felicity." Sagot ni Ate Ria sa kapatid na kinakabahan.

Lumayo ako sa pinto at bumalik sa dati kong inuupuan. I was supposed to go upstairs but I might as well welcome her sister since we're schoolmates.

The door opened widely.

I stared at them as they enter the house.

"Brooke, kapatid ko nga pala si Gwen." Tinuro ni Ate Ria ang kapatid niya na nakayukong nakatayo sa kaniyang tabi. Umangat ito ng tingin at kinakabahang ngumiti.