CHAPTER 20

NOCTURNAL - ZACHARY DAVIS

"Picture tayo sa may pool, guys!"

"Bilis na!"

"Tayo na kayo diyan! Kill joy niyo naman! Ngayon lang tayo nagsama-sama ng ganito!"

An hour had passed and I'm still in the same position, sitting quietly on the reclining chair nearby the pool area.

I'm not a fan of the sun and maybe that's the reason why I cannot freely move my body underneath the unwavering heat.

I'm still wearing the crochet top and I think I'm getting used to it for a while now. Camille said that I look pretty in it. She has a point, though.

Right now, she's in the pool along with our other girl classmates. Alex is by the beach with our boy classmates.

I badly wanted to go back inside but they might think I'm a party pooper so I chose to stay here instead. I should've brought with me my favourite book to kill the boredom.

Nag-ayos ako ng upo at pinagmasdan silang lumangoy sa gilid ng pool. Funny 'cause Camille doesn't know how to swim. She needs to rent a salvavida in order for her to join the group. I know how to swim but I don't feel like deeping into the water right now. Maybe later when the sun's about to set.

"Dear, why are you not joining them?" I turned around and was shocked to see Franco's grandmother.

I smiled a little while shaking my head. His grandmother is making me nervous as hell but I need to act normal. "Maybe later po."

Honestly, she's not that intimidating but even though she's already in her golden age, she's still stunning. Her elegant dress and the way she carries herself, it's like she's still in her mid 40's.

"Oh. Are you worried about your porcelain skin?" Her voice is very soothing to the ears.

"No, Ma'am. My body's just not used to the heat." I replied politely.

She nodded her head and then sat beside me. "I see. Well, your friends are having fun. I wouldn't want you to miss that. You're still young, dear. Enjoy yourself while you still can." A genuine smile appeared on her lips.

I couldn't help but to smile back.

"I will, po. That's the other reason why I'm here. I want to get to know them better. I want to experience being accepted and welcomed by my classmates and friends."

Tumango ulit siya. My eyes followed her hair flowing along with the wind and how her eyes blinked every second.

All parts of her body screams sophisticated and grace. I wonder if I would turn like her when I grow up.

"Oh! Would you mind if I ask you something?"

I shook my head with no hesitation. "Ask away, po."

She chuckled and gently sip on her wine glass.

"It's about my grandson, Franco. You know, he never introduced anyone to us as his girlfriend before. Not even once. So, I'm just wondering, is he courting someone from school?" She leaned forward to me, probably waiting for my uncertain response.

Franco?

Do I have the right to say something to him in spite of the fact that we're not that close to each other?

But, is there really something I need to tell her?

I made a promise to Franco that I'll keep it as a secret between the two of us.

"Camille, I'll be heading to our room first. I need to fix my things."

"Okay! Pupunta muna ako kila Yvenne sa pool. Sunod ka na lang, huh?"