CHAPTER 27

NOCTURNAL - INTRAMURALS

"Let us all welcome the candidates for Ms. Intramurals 2018!"

"WHOO! GO CAMILLE! WE'RE ROOTING FOR YOU!"

"GO, CATHERINE! CANDIDATE NUMBER 12 FOR THE WIN!"

"GO, SANDRA! WE ARE PROUD OF YOU!"

The contest is already starting and the place is jam-packed. Students and non-students are allowed to watch the said event. Most of us here are the pupils of Oliveros High, but there are also outsiders or some that came from other schools.

I'm standing not so far away from the stage with Alex by my side. We were both holding a banner for Camille. My voice is aching from shouting nonstop and I think Alex is the same.

It's Camille's turn to show off on stage. She walks like a pro even though her height is not technically qualified for a ramp model. I'm not criticizing her. I would never. It's just that, her height is cute and she's standing out in the crowd.

"Galing ng kaklase namin! WHOO! Go, Camille! Isang palipad hair naman diyan!" Natawa ako sa sinigaw ni Franco.

I'm not sure if he's still hiding his real identity from others but he's been exposing too much of himself lately. Sooner or later, there's a possibility that he'll be the one who is going to reveal his true self to us and I'll be there to support him.

Napalingon sa amin si Camille at kumindat. Biglang nagsigawan ang mga lalake sa likarun.

"Isang kembot naman diyan, Camille!" I laughed at what Alex had shouted.

He also laughed and glanced at me to see my reaction. "Masyado kasi siyang stiff diba? Akala mo naman mahiyain sa totoong buhay eh."

I don't know how many times I laughed today but my stomach's aching for a while now. I didn't know it was this fun to attend school events.

All of the candidates are already on stage. Camille is contestant number 8. Two representatives each year level. The chosen representatives for Grade 10 are Camille and Sandra— Bryan's girlfriend. The possessive and scary woman.

Audiences energetically clapped their hands and some of them shouted in joy after witnessing the candidates in their production number attire.

The music began to fill in the place. My ears couldn't take this loud stereos surrounding the whole quadrangle. I think my eardrums are about to pop.

I gasped when someone covered my ears. The hands are big enough to block the booming sound of the music.

I raised my head and saw Alex's face up close. "Alex..."

"Hindi ka ba sanay sa maingay? Masakit ba sa tenga?" He asked worriedly.

He's so close to me. I can feel his breath against my cheeks. His hands are slender and soft. It's almost like a girl's hands.

"Not really. It's just too loud." I answered and slightly pushed his hands away from my ear.

He noticed it and gently pulled away.

"Sorry."

"It's okay. Thank you."

He's still saying something but the music became louder and louder. I looked up and saw all of the candidates dancing through the hype beat of the song that was being played on a humongous speaker.

Spectators at the back shouted which made me shiver in fear. I really hate loud sounds. It's creepy and uncomfortable. I think I'm having goosebumps.

I tried covering my ears while continue cheering for Camille. She has talents when it comes to dancing. Because of her heels, it's almost like she's as tall as the rest. I love her outfit. It's simple, but eye-catching. All of them wore top's in the same color but different in style.