CHAPTER 42

NOCTURNAL - INDIFFERENCE

"Okay ka na ba talaga, Brooke? Gusto mo dalhin ka namin ni Aiden sa hospital? Malapit lang naman iyon dito eh."

"No, thank you. I'm fine now. You don't need to worry about me, Xylem."

"Are you sure, Brooke? We're just concerned about you so tell us if you need something."

"Okay, thank you."

We are currently standing at the front of the restaurant while waiting for a taxi to come. Because of what happened to me earlier, I've decided not to eat what I ordered. Instead, Xylem gave me her packed lunch which was a homemade caesar salad and a lemonade. My throbbing head was truly unexpected because I was totally fine when we got here but then suddenly, I felt like it was about to explode in pain.

Did something happen to me in the past? I don't think I have medical issues that might cause distress in my system. Do I need to ask my Mom about this or am I just overreacting?

Either way, it's best if I refrain from thinking too much and relax until I became stable again.

"Where are you going after this? Are you gonna go back to school?" Xylem told Aiden who was currently busy with his phone.

I presume that his Dad called him but there's no way I'd heard their conversation but based from his expression while he was talking on the phone, it seems like something serious had happened.

Nag-angat siya ng tingin at nagkibit balikat. "Maybe? My bag is still there but I can always tell Martin to pick it up for me." He sounded so uneasy.

My eyebrows furrowed while staring at his hands that are shaking and continuously striking the side of his legs.

I heard Xylem cleared her throat. Maybe she had noticed his anxiousness.

"Is there a problem? Mukhang nababalisa ka yata, Aiden? May nangyari bang masama?" She asked him again.

I, too am intrigue by his sudden action. When we were still eating inside the restaurant, he was fine and even laughed his heart out when Xylem got chocked on her food. It's not nice to interfere with someone's life but we're talking about Aiden here.

Yeah, I'm kind of ticked by his attitude but that doesn't diminish the fact that he's Alex's twin. My friend's brother and the guy who helped me when I was about to get hit in the face.

He slowly shook his head but eventually began to nod repeatedly.

"Mom's about to give birth and Dad wants me there. I don't know what to do." A single tear dropped from his right eye down to his cheek.

We both gasped. He wiped it and suddenly looked away.

I never thought of him to be this emotional. He has issues with his Mom and yet the love of a son is greater than anything in this world.

"What about Alex? Is he there? I know he's still recovering but he's the one who's excited to welcome your little sister." Xylem exclaimed.

She even held his hand and squeezed it enough for him to feel warm and appreciated. I may know her as a devoted and strict person but most of the time she's kind and warm-hearted.

He nodded his head.

"Yeah, he's with Dad. I know Alex would force himself to go there even though he's not yet fully recovered." Said him who was looking back and forth on the street.

We've been waiting here for 20 minutes now and not even a single taxi past by. I don't mind standing here and wait for a vehicle to arrive but Aiden needs to be there as soon as possible. He has to be there and witness his Mom giving birth to their littler sister.