CHAPTER 16

NOCTURNAL – EVANGELINE IGNACIO

“Is this the place?”

“Yes, I’m definitely sure.”

I gulped as a stare at the huge house towering in front of me. It’s still so early in the morning and Felix won’t stop bugging me until I go to this place. It wasn’t that far from home but I despise going outside especially in broad daylight and I’m definitely not a morning person during weekends.

I tried peeking inside. “I think there’s no one here. The door’s locked.” I said while pointing the double door behind the gate.

The front yard’s spacious and it has a mini play ground. Felix sighed. He entered with no sweat. Well, he doesn’t sweat because of course, he’s already a ghost. He also has the advantage to sneak around whenever he sees fit.

“I’ll go check inside. Wait here.” He stated. I nodded my head.

Naglakad na siya papasok ng bahay.
I took my phone out and opened Camille’s message. She said that she wanted to visit me today at the house. It’s rude to say no so I just said that it’s better if we meet at the coffee shop instead. It’s actually near the school so it’s pretty convenient. I heard Yvenne’s Mom owns the place. They have a lot of business right around this area.

I wiped my sweat on my forehead as I patiently wait for Felix’ to return. Unfortunately, the weather today is sunny and I’m not very satisfied with my decision of wearing baggy jeans and a white fitted printed shirt.

It’s so damn hot and sticky. I can’t take this anymore.

“Hello.” I flinched aggressively when I heard a little voice behind me.

I quickly turned around and saw a little girl carrying a barbie doll while riding on a pink bike.

“H-Hey.” Humarap ako sa kaniya at pinagmasdan siyang bumaba sa kaniyang bisikleta.

She reminded me of myself when I was still a kid. I used to ride a lot on a bicycle too. That’s how I got the scar on my left knee. My Dad taught me how to ride it, but he sucks so I always fall and I once broke my ankle because of it. But it was worth it. I enjoyed it very much.

“Are you looking for something?” She asked. Her voice sounded so cute and tiny.

I blinked twice and nodded. “Uh, yeah. Do you know who lives here?” I pointed the house.

I know it’s useless to ask her that since she was just passing by and I bet she didn’t understand what I just said.

The little girl tilted her head. She shrugged and hugged her little doll.

“That’s our house.” She answered directly.

I gasped.

What a coincidence.

“O-Oh. Really? Uh, well, this may sound rude but can I go inside your house?” I scratched my nape.

I’m still new here and I don’t know anyone except for my classmates and Ate Ria. They might think I lack manners for intruding in someone else’s home.

The little girl smiled. All of her teeth were showing. She even has two fangs. How cute. I noticed how tall her nose is and her eyelashes were long. She’s pretty, alright.

“Sure! But Dad’s not here. He’s at work. He will come home later to eat lunch. Let’s go!” I didn’t have the time to react when she suddenly held me by the hand and ran while I’m at her back, following her stance.

She’s so small so I needed to bow down in order for me to keep up with her pace. I hate running but this kid made me ran like crazy.

We finally stopped at front of the door. I began to catch my breath.