CHAPTER 28

NOCTURNAL - THE AWAITED DAY

Today's the day of the photo shoot.

I'm nervous yet excited.

The concept for the shoot which was chosen by the photographer herself is one with the nature. It will gonna be a one whole tiring day since we have to move from one location to another, but at the end of the day, I can finally feel at ease again.

I don't want to put pressure on myself 'cause it's not ideal to be stressed out during the photo shoot.

I'm currently drinking my usual milk inside of my room while silently watching Felix sleeping soundly on top of my bed.

I have no choice but to let him sleep in my room just for one night. He usually sleeps on the couch downstairs on the living room.

I'll be leaving at exactly 5 am in the morning. Our first venue for the photo shoot is at the vast field owned by Aiden's family where you can perfectly view the sun rising every morning.

Xylem told me to wear loose shirt so that it won’t be a hassle when changing clothes. It's just been okay to me since I have lots of loose shirts in my closet.

I already told Mom the other day about the photo shoot. She doesn't totally agree because she said that it's still dangerous for me to engage in any outdoor activities but I can't disappoint Xylem. I need to do this. I want to do this for her and for myself.

Alex and Camille texted me saying goodluck and take care. They badly wanted to come and witness the shoot but Xylem said that I'll surely be distracted if there are audiences around. I couldn't agree more; however, I feel bad for them so I decided that after the photo shoot, I'm going to treat them to the coffee shop where we went before.

I already packed my things and I'm ready to go. Personal kit is a must need and I'm also bringing with me my own camera so that after the shoot, I can take pictures of the nature that I was admiring from afar for a while now.

Bzzt! Bzzt!

I immediately took my phone out in front of my pant's pocket.

It's a message from Xylem.

Xylem:

Hi, Brooke! Good morning. I'm already here at Aiden's house. Just text me if you're on your way here. I'll come and fetch you.

Me:

Okay. See you later.

Xylem:

See you!

I sighed and stood up.

I took a final glance at Felix. I want to wake him up but he really looks comfortable with his current position. It makes me want to scare the shit out of him.

Well, I'm in a good mood today so maybe next time.

Lumingon ako sa katabi niyang si Momo na mahimbing din ang pag tulog. Napangiti ako at ginawaran siya ng magaan na halik sa tuktok ng kaniyang ulo.

"Bye, guys."

I slowly closed the door and went downstairs.

Mom's still sleeping and I don't plan on waking her 'cause she stayed up all night just to finish her presentation for work.

Ate Ria's still not here but she said that she'll be returning today after being away for almost three days.

I entered the kitchen and placed my empty mug on the sink.

I made a sandwich earlier. I'll be eating this while we're on our way to the first location of the shoot.

Naglakad na ako palabas ng bahay habang nakasakbit ang bag ko sa aking balikat.