CHAPTER 25

NOCTURNAL - CHANGE OF OUTFITS

"Grabe, ano'ng nangyari rito?"

"Sino ang walang habas na sumunog sa kagubatang ito?"

"Matagal na akong naninirahan dito pero ni minsan ay walang nagtangkang manggulo sa lugar na 'to. Malimit lang itong puntahan ng mga tao dahil masyadong malinis ang ilog at pinagbabawal ang pagputol ng mga puno rito."

Lots of people crowded the forest. They got here when someone whom I do not know shouted and informed everyone living near the area that the forest got burned down. I'm still here standing to where Felix used to stay. This forest is now completely gone. There are no traces of trees and small animals anymore.

I am aware that Felix is next to me but he remained silent. Seeing the place where you took refuge after you died turned out to be like this, I'm sure he's hurting from the inside.

But who could've possibly done this? Forest fire is impossible to happen because obviously this forest is completely surrounded by tall trees and some animals lived here.

I'm sure there's someone who is responsible for what happened here. What's their motive? What's their goal? How can they do this to an innocent forest?

"Brooke, let's go back. It's not good for you to stay here." Felix sounded concern.

I took at glance at him and he's blankly staring at the sky full of stars. The moon is bright tonight that I can see him clearly. There are tears flowing down to his cheeks. This is the second time that I saw him crying. Somehow, it's making me feel sad and disheartened.

"You can stay in my room tonight." I said and walked away from the place where we first met.

I'm still a stranger to this town. I barely knew the name of my classmates and even my teachers but I'm trying my best to fit in. Camille and Alex helped me a lot to adjust. They made me a part of this place. They accepted me for who I am and I'm really grateful to them. I wish to stay here for as long as I can. If possible, I want to spend the rest of my life here.

That's why I'll do anything just to find out who killed Felix. I have an inkling that anytime soon, it'll all be revealed right before me.

"Brooke?!"

I suddenly halted when I heard Mom's voice from somewhere. I turned to my left side and saw her walking towards my direction.

"What are you doing here?! Go back inside the house quickly! It's not safe here." I was about to say something but she began to drag me outside of the forest.

"Wait, M-Mom. You're hurting me." I slightly pushed her hands away from me.

It hurts. She immediately removed it and breathed a sigh.

"What did the Doctor say to you, huh? Are you not listening? You're still not allowed to go outside until the stitches on your stomach got completely healed. You're so..."

Ginulo niya ang buhok niya at hinila ulit ako pero ngayon ay maluwang na ang pagkakahawak niya sa kamay ko.

"I was about to head back but you already went there to look for me." I murmured under my breath.

She turned her head and stared at me as if I've committed an unforgivable sin. "Are you really that desperate to put yourself in danger?!" I flinched after hearing her shouted.

What's gotten into her? Why is she so damn mad about it? I didn't even do anything wrong! I just went outside for a bit for goodness sake!

"What are you talking about? Why are you so mad?" I'm so confused right now.