CHAPTER 52

NOCTURNAL - POOL PARTY

Grade 10 - Articulate (Official GC)

THU AT 4:30 PM

Miss Arianna Natividad: I'm happy to announce that all of you have passed the quarterly examinations! Pinag-igihan niyo talaga ang pag-aaral ninyo mga anak ko. Good job!

I immediately covered my ears when I caught Camille raising both of her hands in the air, warming up to yell from the top of her lungs.

"YES! PASADO TAYONG LAHAT! DESERVE TALAGA NATIN 'TONG PARTY!" As I thought.

I'm still staring at my phone as I try to digest Miss Natividad's message. We passed the exams. I passed the quarterly examinations. Thank goodness. I was waiting for the results ever since we hit the road. I've been feeling anxious because I couldn't stop thinking about the results of the exams while I'm here, comfortably sitting on the passenger seat of the van with some of my classmates.

Alex is here and surprisingly Xylem came too. She said that she wanted a distraction or else her mind will explode from overthinking. She needed the break. All of us needed the break. Franco made a smart choice by throwing a pool party in order for us to have fun and savour the fruit of our efforts and hard work from studying.

"Nasaan na 'yong reward ko? Sabi mo bibigyan mo ako ng reward kapag nakapasa ako."

I turned my face to the back when I heard Camille's muffled voice. Vera's eyes met mine and she quickly pointed my friend sitting next to her.

"What's happening?" I asked.

Camille rolled her eyes, pinches Vera's side causing her to scream in pain. That's quite painful. "Si Vera kasi, nangako siya na bibigyan niya ako ng reward kapag napasa ko ang quarterly examinations."

"I'll give you the reward, Camille. But not now. Kita mong nasa loob pa tayo ng van. Remind me about your reward when we get back." Vera shook her head but couldn't resist Camille after seeing her mad about the reward thing that she promised her. She patted my friend's head.

I didn't know Vera has the capability to love someone else other than herself and her family. Honestly, she's sweet and caring. Camille and her are a prefect match. I hope they'll last forever. Funny 'cause people say that there's no such thing as forever. Especially in our generation.

"Hindi na tayo bati. Bahala ka riyan." Camille said while pouting.

A small smile crept across my face when Vera pulled Camille closer to her. I don't want to disturb them anymore so I turned back around only to see Alex and Xylem's tired faces resting on my shoulder. Why did I not notice that?

Nakapatong ang ulo ni Alex sa kaliwang bahagi ng balikat ko at si Xylem naman ang nasa kanan. This is not an insult but they're lovely faces are heavy. My shoulder bones would break any minute now. Please, wake up you two. I can no longer hold you both.

"Alex?"

I flinched when Franco turned to our direction. "Ay! Sorry! Akala ko gising."

Dahil sa sinabi niya ay biglang nagising si Alex. Napaayos ito ng upo sabay kusot sa kaniyang mga mata.

"What? Do you need something?" He asked while scratching his head.

He turned to me when he realized that he used my shoulder as a pillow for him to casually sleep on.

"Sorry, Brooke! Nakasandal ba ako sa'yo kanina?" I can sense the embarrassment in his voice. I nodded my head and gave him a smile to assure him that he has nothing to worry about.