EPILOGUE

NOCTURNAL - END

Five years have passed by quickly.

Ang bilis tumakbo ng oras kapag alam mong masaya kang nabuhuhay araw-araw. I'm very lucky to have a life that I can be proud of. A lot has happened within those years and everything changes, but one thing is for sure, my bond with my friends and family remained intact. We never lost communication even when I moved back to my Dad's house.

Camille continues to update me everyday with her great relationship with Vera. It was difficult for Vera's parents to accept her coming out of the closet. I've seen them cry, yelled at each other, doubt themselves, and even broke up behind the screen, but in the end, it went well when her Mom had finally accepted her for who she was and what she's capable of. They'll be moving here in Manila once they finished college.

Alex on the other hand is a busy guy now. He's the one in charge of their family's prosperous plantations. Of course, his father is there by his side every single day to support and guide him with what he need to learn about their growing business. He's also in a relationship with Catherine for almost three years. Yes, they got back together. Well, not technically because they were never a thing in the first place, but my friend got his first rejection from her. I could say that first love never dies. She's his first love after all.

There are still a lot of things to say but I don't have much free time in my hands right now. I'm kind of busy with life and all recently. This day, however, is different from the usual.

"Brooke, are you finished?"

"Just a second! I'm still brushing my teeth."

"Okay! Just call me when you're done. I'm gonna go downstairs to prepare our breakfast."

Unbelievable, it may seem, Apollo and I are now living together in a luxurious apartment. We became an item after a year of Felix's disappearance. My heart was broken after sending him off to heaven. I did not take it well. Apollo was there when I needed someone to pour out the words I wanted to say. He was like my Dad, but a bit different. He knows how to diminish this stubborn feeling called sorrow inside me. That's when I knew that the person who would risk anything and everything just to protect me is in front of me all along. I gave Apollo a chance to get to know me better and he never was a disappointment by staying true to himself around me. That's what I like about him.

Now, I became a part of Tita Beatrice's modeling agency. I'm one of the in demand models in the Philippines for merely over a year of signing a contract to her company. I even made it to Vogue Philippines issue last September. I was on cloud 9 that day. Hindi ako makapaniwalang makakarating ako sa ganoong klaseng sitwasyon kung saan ako ang center of attention.

Me, Apollo, and his Mother celebrated my first ever achievement by eating out at his sister's authentic restaurant. I had a great time and so were they. Life was going well for me and I'm definitely up for it. Felix manifested this. I couldn't thank him enough.

I have no news about Joaquin, Lirio, and Ate Frankie. All I know is that they're doing well in the states. Alam niya na ring ama niya si Felix and every year on his birthday, Xylem told me that Joaquin is assigning someone to bring flowers to his father's grave.

Yvenne is now fulfilling her dreams of becoming a pilot. Xylem keeps filling me in on the happenings back home, so I'm awfully updated about the lives of everybody.

I came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapping around my wet hair after finishing my morning routine. Wearing my newly bought clothes, I went in front of the television to get the remote. I opened it and the first thing I saw was Devon striking his dashing smile on screen. Oh, brother.