2 | this aint no party

A month later

The sound of a balloon pump echoed through the event space as Amaria held two balloons over the blue funnels.

Alyssa had gotten booked to decorate for Harden's event, which seemed to be a charity drive for kids and not a social gathering.

"Thought this was gonna be a party, I'm sweating in a T-shirt." Brittney groaned as she opened the box of table cloths.

"Damn bitch, you ain't gotta complain about everything. You could've stayed home." Alyssa pointed.
"What fun would that be?"

"Mari, you good over there?"
"Yeah, these balloons not gonna hang themselves are they?"
"You damn right and since you're the tall one, we in business."

The set up for the charity event was phenomenal. Alyssa's visions were always grand, no matter how small the event or venue.

"You did yo thing Miss Alyssa. Thanks again for the set up." James thanked as he grabbed himself another plate.
"I do as I can. Thanks for believing in the vision. You got a awhile crew out of it. Decor, bartender and a photographer."

"Yeah, y'all are an elite team. How long yo girl been on the camera?"

"Oh she been on it for like 10 years? Something like that."
"That's Dope." He finds a space for his plate before calling Amaria over.

"Yo Mar! Can you come take this photo for us?"

Amaria maneuvers through the crowd to take a photo of James and Alyssa. After a few snaps, Maxey and Harris walk over to join.

"Just the lady I came over to see. Amaria that video was dope. We gotta work together sometime." Tyrese smiled.

"Yeah; most def. I'll give you my card before the event is over."

She snapped a few more photos of the team and the special guests for the event. It was nearing 5 PM when everyone began to disperse.

"Here's my card. I don't have a website yet but I have an IG and you could email me too."

"The way your videos are blowing up, ain't no way you won't have a website in the next month."
"Glad you believe in the hype Maxey."

"Aye, you should too. I'll see you around Amaria."

Later that night the three friends sat at an outdoor table at a local Mexican restaurant, Copabanana, affectionately known as Copas.

"I been looking forward to this margarita all day." Alyssa sighed.
"Who you telling!?" Brittney added.

They both noticed Amaria hadn't spoken much since they sat down.

"You good Mari?" Alyssa asked.
She nodded, not wanting to speak much of it, "Yeah girl, I'm good. This peach one really hitting"

"Yeah, it's the blue raspberry for me!" Britt chimed in. "Oh, how many views you got on that video?"

"About 211,000. It's crazy man. That's the most I have ever had."
"Sis, it's up to 773,457 views now." Alyssa had turned her phone around to show the rest of the group.

Early the next morning Alyssa drove back to New York. It was back to a regular Sunday which meant Amaria had photos to edit for work. The real estate firm she worked for serviced the suburban communities surrounding Philly and she would be traveling to about five houses tomorrow before she had to teach.

"What time do you get off tomorrow?" Britt asked while putting away the left overs. "I'll probably be home around 7."

"I think Ashlyn is bringing Annyae over to watch her Tuesday.."