95 | on tour

In the Deep of Texas

It was hot as hell in Houston and Amaria was treating her 24 hours there like a vacation. She sat by the private pool with the smallest bikini she owned. It was distracting and while Jordan should have been getting ready for his meeting, he kept looking at her.

"The faster you get to the meeting and get it over with, the faster you can come back and join me in the pool." The water glistened along her skin as the sun shined in the perfect spot. Even better than golden hour.

"You're not gonna be in the pool all day waiting on me."

"You're right, but you can't keep staring at me and making yourself late." She laughed. It was cute but he had work to do. Getting out of the pool she walked over to her towel, wrapping it tightly around her body.  "I just need you to hurry up and come back so we can relax the rest of the day."

"What are you going to do while I'm gone?"
"I'm gonna finish that script."

Jordan tilted his head to the side and then looked to the sky as if the answer was above his large head. "Thee script?"

"Yeah." She nodded. Finally feeling that emotional pull to the story she had been putting off for so long, "Are you going to let me read it when it's done?"

The truth was, she finished the script awhile ago and kept changing the ending. She wasn't confident in the fact that the story could conclude in peace and that's why she let time sit with the words on the screen.

"Puddle, I'll let you act it out if we can get through this week. I need you to keep your head held high though." There was an eyelash on his cheek, she carefully picked up the curled stand from his face before looking into his eyes. "You got this. You're worth it, go and show them."

Jordan walked though the Rockets practice facility with certainty he wasn't landing on their roster. It was strange though, walking in there and not being with the team. After a few days of confusion and even slight embarrassment, Jordan began responding to the various messages that his friends and teammates sent. He assured everyone that he was good and that 'whatever happens, happens', slowly he began to believe it.

"We're willing to offer you everything you desire."

How would they know what Jordan desired? Outside of remaining in the hills of San Francisco, he didn't desire anything else from the association.

Although the facilities were updated, it still didn't make him feel like he could make that place home. Of course everyone kissed his ass and that was nice but, he was at the age where he knew what would work and what wouldn't.

Once he got back into the hotel, he showered while Amaria ordered room service. She wanted grilled salmon and Jordan wanted the chicken parmigiana.

"You almost done?" He asked completely burying himself into her. "I finished."

Jordan jumped up, as if his excitement couldn't be contained by the news. "You finished it?" She nodded, not being able to hide the smile on her face. He was 100% invested in what she had going on, and it made her feel confident.

"Awe shit, my baby did it! First a director now we writing shit?. Ima be living off your salary soon." He joked. "You gone take care of me?"

"Yes, I'll be your sugar mama." She giggled as he peppered her face with kisses. "You really are something. I love you girl."

Amaria wasn't sure what she had did besides laugh but she accepted the affirmation anyways, "I love you too."

"My mother also said she's gonna make sure her and dad are able to do thanksgiving in cold ass Milwaukee."