49 | redemption fully loaded

"It's worse than a sprain isn't it doc?"

Jordan desperately wanted to be cleared for today's practice. The game would be tomorrow and all he needed was one chance.

"Due to the repetitive strain, it might be. You've got strong hands but it doesn't change the damage even if you can't feel it."

Jordan Poole will not play in the finals game.

That was the headline on every blog and article. This time, he didn't turn his phone off. He scrolled through every report, watched every interview on ESPN, TNT, Bleacher Report.

The Warriors were doomed.

Was another headline. After a few tough seasons, they finally made it back to the finals. The ring was in reach, and in the final hour. It was now game day and Jordan Poole couldn't do a thing to help his team take it all.

"He's been in there all day?" Ralen could be heard from outside of Jordan's bedroom door.

"Yeah, Mari called and said he refused to come out and she stayed for an hour before she had to go to the doctors herself."

Ralen and J2 were the reinforcements because Jordan wouldn't answer the phone or the door. Amaria didn't have the key to his room, it's not like it was used often anyways.

She couldn't miss her own follow up, so she left but she would be back later to check on Jordan. She would curse him out, but more importantly check on him.

"I think you forgot I had a key to this bitch." Ralen joked opening the bedroom door.

"Damn JP, you need to cut these lights on." J2 turned on the closest light.

Ralen walked over to the large windows to open the curtains. "We not doing this, get up."

J2 snatched the comforter off his best friend. "I'm trying to figure out what's annoying me more bro, you sitting here not actively doing anything or the fact that— you know what, I'll let you figure that out for yourself."

"Is it broken?" Ralen asked.
"No."

"Then get out of this bed and let's go."

After some forceful encouragement, Jordan was up, he needed to be working so he was in the kitchen with a stress ball, trying to fix the problem at hand.

"How long I'm supposed to do this for?"

"Few more intervals. So two more minute long stretches and then the hand warmers. Then we'll see how you handle the ball."

Ralen had been searching various ways to release the stress in Jordan's hand. His motor skills were off and the doctor was right, even if Jordan couldn't feel the pain, didn't mean the rest of his body wouldn't respond to it.

"You think she gonna answer if I call her?"
"I don't know bro, you tell me. You had her in here waiting for an hour."

Jordan gave him a 'this is not the time' look. "She should, she didn't sound upset when I talked to her." J2 shrugged.

He clicked on Amaria's contact, hoping she would answer the phone. He walked away so they could talk in private if she did answer.

"Hey, you okay?" Her voice was soothing and any thought he had of her being angry, went away.

"Yeah, they made me get up. Thank you for that."
"Why are you thanking me? Those are your best friends."

"I know you called them. If I don't say it enough, I appreciate you. When you coming home?"

Amaria was home, at her home. She was preparing to take a nap in her own bed, to give him space. He switched from a phone call to a FaceTime.

"I am home Puds." She laughed.
"You know what I mean. Home is here with me, Kai and Kota."