83 | with me

"I'm proud of you. You did good this time around." Jordan unloaded the town car in front of the Brewster/Banks household. They landed back in Philly and the whole morning went smoothly. Amaria had no issues on the plane.

"Yeah, I felt oddly calm. No Benadryl, no ears popping, no gum." Amaria slept on Jordan's shoulder for most of the ride before he decided to take them into the bedroom on the jet. He had been going through his emails, and scrolling before taking an actual nap.

They would be heading to the hospital now and then he would have to do an interview from the house in the office. He knew the interview was with NBC Bay Area and instead of going into the Philadelphia studio, he felt more comfortable streaming from a private place.

"Our friends are really getting married and I absolutely hate these fucking bridesmaids." Jordan wasn't listening to the first part of her rant but the tail end caught his attention. "Huh? What happened now?"

"They're upset Sydel rescheduled the meeting because she wanted me there. And due to ya know, I'm here. So there's that."

"Fuck is the issue then?" Jordan wasn't aggressive in the least bit but when people took advantage of her and she chose the high ride, he would choose the low one.

"Puds they're always mad about something. Forget I said anything." He stopped her as she tried to walk away. "No, tell me what's on your mind."

"It was brought up that I shouldn't be the maid of honor because she knew everyone else longer. Mychal didn't like that they tried it, but I feel like she might feel some type of way because she's known Audi longer. I legit just got here."

"You've been friends with her for four years. During a critical time in their relationship, during her transition from the bay, to la and back, don't downplay your relationship because of time. We been friends longer than we had been together, which might I add we're about to past that mark in a week."

It was nearing the "six month" mark of their relationship again and even with the two month break, it seems like he still considered them together.

"You just gave me a lot to unpack." Getting comfortable on the couch she thought about all he said. "You're right, I mean we seen some pretty wild things in our friendship. She a ride or die. Took me to her hood and helped me catch the one who shall not be named. Every accomplishment since we've known each other, she's been there. I been there for her. I just don't want anyone to be weird with me."

Warren had the largest smile on his face as his daughter walked down the hallway. Amaria and Jordan were laughing at a joke he made about the nurse's shoes and she had this laugh that could make you laugh. It was obnoxious and it had levels, once she laughed like that you knew whatever it was entertained her.

"What's got you laughing so loud?"

"Your favorite person had a joke or two that made me snicker." She admitted.

"He's only my favorite if he treats you right."
"Well he's treating me fine daddy."

"Just fine?" Jordan and Warren asked at the same time.

"Okay so a little more than fine." She gives her father a kiss on the cheek before walking past them both and going into her mother's hospital room.

"Trip went good son?" Jordan nodded, it was a nice break away from life. "You and the kid got the house tonight."

Jordan side eyed Warren. Warren only left them in the house if he was at the hospital overnight but he never announced it. "You going somewhere?"

"Gotta see the family in Trenton. My sister on that shit again and I need to go figure out what the fuck is going on before she kill herself being stupid." Jordan knew a bit of the Brewster family background and it was part of the reason why he hadn't met them yet. They were a hot mess and the moment anyone asked him or Amaria to hold something she was gonna go off.