96 | glitz and glamour

One Month Later

The Warriors led the league in wins so far in the season. It was a blessing after the trade madness. Jordan, at the top of his game had no complaints about anything. He was grateful things worked out the way he needed them to.

Currently celebrating the night before the awards, Jordan's hands were indeed roaming the body of the award nominated director. Amaria lazily laid in bed while Jordan's hand caressed her bare stomach.

"You good?" He asked noticing she wasn't paying attention to anything he was doing. "I'm nervous Puds. I don't wanna go."

"That's not an option and you know that."

Amaria didn't want to hear it. She wanted to run off and disappear until the event was over. The fear was almost crippling. She didn't want to go all out with excitement to lose.

"But why? I don't ask for much. Can't we just stay home?" Her pleading and pouting would not help her. It was important for her to attend this event, it was her first nomination after all.

"Selene, you can't get over something without starting it. You have to go. And I'll be there with you"

Jordan would be in New York with her for the VMAs and his excitement overshadowed her discontentment. He talked about it all week and thought it was the coolest thing in the world that she directing a Drake video that was now nominated.

The proudest boyfriend in the world is what he was. Since the nomination, a lot of artists were reaching out to her about directing their music videos. The irony was that she was listed as a co-director in the credits and that's not what she originally agreed to. If she had been listed with her original title, assistant she would not be in the forefront.

The work she did on set and in post is what had the OVO camp promote her title. They just neglected to share.

After another hour, Amaria had gotten out of bed and walked into the kitchen. For some reason she craved chocolate and she had been on a strict diet for the last two months. Her eyes glanced over to the wine but she knew she shouldn't. She had been sober 6 weeks and it felt good to have a clear mind all of the time. Even in social settings, she kept her glass pure and still enjoyed herself.

"Here you go sneaking in here in the middle of the night."

"Here you go getting out of bed just because I'm not in it." She retorted. Opening the drawer, Amaria grabbed another fork so that he could indulge in her left overs. The beef roast and rice combo was a quick and easy that neither of them minded to eat at this time.

"You up cause you running front the inevitable. You can't beat time and you can't control it. So either you get some sleep or you walking into the day like a mummy. You still got work to do." His tone was assertive and she didn't feel the need to argue any further. "I love you though, but I'm not letting you sabotage yourself."

"I love you too."

Dominique scurried about looking for a show that Amaria said fell when they entered the hotel room. It had been hours since she saw the shoe but it was in her hand for sure when she came in and rushed into hair and make up.

"Your phone is BLOWING up girl." Dominique handed Amaria her phone and the notifications were all well wishes and even congratulations. She didn't win yet but people were sure she was going to.

"Girl I'm so nervous, I am shaking!" The creative woman had conquered many things but at the moment, she had not a thought of clarity or sense of calmness. Amaria's hands were indeed shaking. "It's okay, you're about to go out there and win! Like you just worry about being cute."