43 | loyalty pt. 2

Girl Like Me by Jazmine Sullivan and H.E.R played through the speakers in the film studio Amaria took space in for the last few hours.

She was working on a passion project, she had hired two actors for a video shoot, the idea came to her on the plane, she wrote all night and the next day gotten the short film copy-written. That was three days ago and now they were filming one of the last scenes.

The short film being based on what her life currently looked like, this period of her relationship. Although Amaria had been busy, she kept up occasionally with what had been going on in the outside world.

Jordan's 34 points making waves throughout Twitter and Instagram, she was proud of that. She still hadn't spoken to him though. She'd need some more time.

He knew she was okay though. He had spoken to Alyssa which made him feel better about where she was. The team took their efforts back to Miami and at this moment it was after midnight there.

A ping from Amaria's phone caused her to stop starting at the new photos.

It was a text from Jordan, sending a very adorable photo of him and a cat.

She chuckled to herself before locking her phone and placing it back on the desk near her laptop

She chuckled to herself before locking her phone and placing it back on the desk near her laptop. Granted, animals and cuddling were on her list of happy things, she did not see the need to engage with that message.

One thing she did was turn her read receipts on, he would see that she saw the message.

Jordan stared as his phone as the thread indicated she saw the message. He blew out a breath as he sat in his hotel room waiting for room service. The team was out celebrating another win, making the series 2-1. Losing game 2 threw them off but they came back for 3.

He didn't want to celebrate. He just wanted to be home with his family: Amaria, Kai and Kota.

Jordan always managed to ruin whatever he had going with her. As if they were forcing themselves to be with each other with the never ending drama.

He didn't understand why he couldn't get it together to save his life. Repeating that he was sorry and that he wouldn't mess up again had fallen on deaf ears because hurting someone you love didn't have an expiration date.

"Thank you both for working with me for the last few days. I know it was last minute but you did great. I can't wait to see the ending result." Amaria hugged both actors before wrapping up on set.

Alyssa made sure to pick her up from the studio and take her back to the apartment.

"Klay asked about you. And he said that everyone's worried because you haven't responded to anyone."

Amaria went to check her phone to see the unread messages.

Thompson 🏀
Mari, just checking in. Wanted to make sure you were good.