19 | that was fast

The team had been on a conference call via zoom and now that it was finished, they were all catching up.

"What y'all dickheads been up to?" Jordan asked sitting in a lawn chair of the terrace at his hotel.
"Dickheads? Since when did you start saying that shit?" Draymond quizzed.

"They say that out in Philly, I heard Seth say it before and I had to laugh in his face," Steph exposed.

Smacking his teeth, "Man chill out." Jordan warned. "I don't know, it just caught on."

"We been working out. I been eating, same ole shit." Juan joked.

"Make sure y'all motherfuckers wear black to this wedding or I'm putting y'all out." Draymond announced.

"Sheesh man, we said we got it when we RSVP'd." Gary yelled.
"Aye, this is why you can't bring a plus one."

"That's not right! You got everyone bringing their wives and girlfriends."
"You ain't got no wife or no girlfriend bro." Jordan laughed.

"Yeah, you would know. How's miss lady doing anyways?"

"Last I knew miss lady was alright."

"What does this man?" Klay asked turning his camera on. "What does What mean?"

"Last time I knew? Huh how you don't know?" Wiseman asked turning his camera on too.

Everyone started to turn their cameras on.

"What you do JP?" Steph sighed.
"What makes you think I did something?"

"You better not had did nothing!" Dray yelled.
"Let him talk Green." Damion laughed.

"Where y'all want me to start?"

"The damn beginning." Loon pointed, "Cause now I know you did some bullshit."

"Damn y'all ain't got no faith in me."

They gave him the "hell no" face as they waited for him to respond. Jordan's problem was, he began to second guess himself. When he admitted to Amaria that he liked her, he hadn't expected his emotions to go full force after that. He went off to Europe and still kept up with her until he didn't. After he sent that voice memo he felt self conscious about the fact that maybe, just maybe he was coming on a little strong.

She hadn't admitted her feelings to him but her actions let him assume she was along for the ride. He was getting to know he, like he said he wanted to. But he started weighing his options. Not necessarily another woman but himself. He was coming off of his breakout season and just won a championship at 22.

Jordan would have endless opportunities to slow down and dedicate to someone, he felt like it was getting away from him that he wasn't living in the moment.

"My nigga you did what?" Gary was shocked, "Oh I'm not stupid enough to even do that."

"He's gotta point, cause what the fuck Poole" Otto laughed.

"You told this girl you liked her, said you knew she felt the same and then practically ghosted her?" Klay asked for confirmation.

Jordan nodded.

"We should've just let Gary do whatever the fuck he wanted at that point." Looney huffed. "That's wild bro."

"I didn't mean to. I really didn't."

A few of the team members chimed in on their thoughts. "Man I'm not doing this today. I'll talk to y'all niggas later." Draymond had left the zoom.

"Yeah, you done pissed him off." Steph noted.
"Yeah and me too, I know Audi gonna come home and chew my head off like it's my fault or some shit." Juan was annoyed.