5 | day 1

Saturday morning, 6 AM to be exact. Amaria couldn't sleep so she ended up in the hotel gym on the treadmill.

She had a promo shoot with Hazel at 8 am and call was at 7 am. The Westin St. Francis is where she was staying and the beauty of the art along the halls were enough to intrigue anyone.

After grabbing all of her equipment she lugged it down to the front lobby to await the car ordered for her. Her driver, Daniel was a nice older black man who immediately helped with her bags.

"Young lady you shouldn't be carrying this, why is no one helping you?"

She shrugged not having an answer. Honestly, she didn't like people touching her equipment but it would've been nice had someone offered.

"Alright Ms. Banks, your ETA is 6:43 am. Probably a five minute delay at most."

Left Space was the name of the location being used today and Amaria absolutely loved the decor. Black, white and chic. Everything made sense leading up to the studio space they were using.

"Good morning Hazel."
"Oh good morning Amaria! I'm happy you're here. And I'm surprised I'm here this early."

Hazel led Amaria to a dressing room and closed the door before releasing a breath. "Girl I'm nervous, I have no idea if this is gonna work."

"Whoa whoa, what happened to the confidant lady I met not too long ago?"
"She's going crazy. My make up artist is stuck in traffic so she might not make it until closer to 8AM. My kids are not in the mood to be here right now. And my period started last night. It's a mess."

Ayesha rushes in with a suitcase. "I got here as soon as I could. There probably a traffic ticket with my name on it."

"Oh Esh, girl you didn't have to!"

"Hazel, if I may?" Hazel waves her off, letting Amaria know to continue. "You're a hell of a woman, you take care of your family. You deserve this not only because of those things but because you're going to make it the best you can, you work hard, this is all gonna go fine. Better than fine."

"Well I had a speech but she definitely beat me to it!" They all laughed. "Let's get you together real quick."

The trio had been going through different outfit concepts for the launch of Olive & Haze. 7:36 AM and a frantic make up artist stumbles through the door.

"I'm sorry I'm late!"

Although they were a little behind schedule starting off, the photo shoot went well. Amaria enjoyed capturing the sneak peek footage while the creative director and photographer worked their magic.

Amaria's goal was to be a director, one day she would get there but her love for the camera would be what takes her there. She had been holding a camera since she was 11. And she was now 25. It has been with her deep.

During her break she had taken out her notebook to write down some ideas she had for a concept video. As she was working she hadn't noticed Hazel and Ayesha watching her.

"You think she'll be able to handle all of this?" Hazel asks.
"She's just starting out. Her career seems to be what's going to be important to her. I pray she doesn't get wrapped up with any of these boys. I'm rooting for her."

"Me too. I feel like I was in her shoes before. Just young and hungry."

The air in San Antonio was dry, dry enough to cause a nose bleed, which it did. Jordan had been sitting with his head tilted back trying to get the bleeding to stop.

"Man, you good?" Klay asked taking a seat next to shooting guard. "This air dry hella dry. Caught me off guard."

"You gotta get that nasal balm, works wonders. Anyways, I'm the only one that's gonna ask cause the guys scared to."
"What's good bro?"

"How was the airport pick up?" Klay snorted.

Jordan smacked his teeth. He had been getting clowned about losing the shoot out two days ago since he left the court.

"What about it? A pick up, a drop off." He shrugged.

"I mean I'm surprised it ain't no story since you been chatting about that highlight video from the Sixers and Lakers game from a month ago."

Jordan sat there for a moment before groaning realizing Klay knew he didn't complete the task. "How'd you know?"

"Aye JP, been playing with you for a minute. I know how you get. But you smart cause the only way you got around this was sending J2. Cause who's gonna complain that Jordan didn't show up when Jordan did."

"Wait, bro what does the Sixers, lakers video have to do with anything?"
"And here I thought you were smart. Everyone except you knows."

"You not gonna tell me?"

"Nope. Go do research. In the meantime I ain't snitching but you gonna have to tell Dray. Cause I'm sure the only other person who knows you didn't go is JTA and you gotta keep it that way before you tell 'em."

The Warriors beat the Spurs that night, 100-94. There wasn't a break in between this game and the next. Tomorrow they would be in Louisiana to face off against the Pelicans.

Saturday night in The City meant, it was time for the ladies to go out. Ayesha had an appearance at a Food Network event and Hazel took Amaria as her plus one.

"Ayesha! Over here! Ladies, turn this way!"

The red carpet was insane. Amaria stood with Ayesha's publicist as she and Hazel took photos.

"Now next event. I'm getting you on the carpet! I'll leave it alone this time." Hazel mentioned.

Flavors for Every Preference with Tabitha Brown was premiering next week and Ayesha absolutely loved her. She made sure to attend her premiere.

"You ever had Vegan food?" Ayesha asks.
"Yeah I've had some things, my cousin Evonne is a nutritionist. She was vegan for quite some time and has the family trying all sorts of things."

"I be tryna get into it, but lord knows I am not the queen of the kitchen." Hazel adds.

"Amaria, you dating anybody back at home?"

Hazel nudges Ayesha signally her to relax. She didn't want her scaring the younger woman.

"What? I just wanna know."
"No, I'm not." Amaria giggled. "Why? Y'all plotting on me already?"

"Maybe." Ayesha shrugged.
"Leave that girl alone, she don't need to be worried about none of that out here."

"Oh girl, the game is starting. Let's find a tv somewhere"

Ayesha grabbed a few more horsderve before following Hazel and Amaria to the bar.

"My poor husband wants to play so bad."

"Girl we all want him to play, every time he doesn't Mr. Green mopes around the house about not having his buddy on the court."

"You could've avoided that block dummy" Amaria mumbles to herself but she doesn't go unheard.

"Miss, are you an angry fan?" Hazel peers.
"Oh this is gonna be good. You actually are interested in basketball."

"I had no choice, my father is the ultimate sports fan. I had to learn the hard way."

"Who's your favorite player in the league right now?"

"Overall or someone I'm starting to like?"

"Overall" Hazel asks.
"Starting to like." Ayesha says at the same time.

"Okay, so my favorite player of all time is Iverson. Can't nobody tell me nothing about that man. My favorite active player, Curry. Favorite based on energy, Dray. Favorite based on career impact, Kobe. Two that I'm starting to love, Maxey and Poole."

"Oh you're a fan fan. Cause you have categories for favorites" Hazel jokes.

"My husband would love the sound of that list. I hope you get to meet the team before you go."

"I do too."