71 | series of sessions 2

"Three days left and y'all will be on the red carpet together, how you feeling about that?" Ayesha asked stirring her pot of greens. This conversation being separate from everyone. Amaria showed up a few hours earlier to get a 'therapy session' in with the wisest Curry. A lot of people thought it was Stephen, but Ayesha held it down.

"I don't even wanna go." Amaria sighed, she was scared of making her first red carpet appearance. "And why are you scared? I mean you're the natural. It's Poole I'm actually worried about." 

"Esh, he comes alive when the camera is on him. He's a natural show off. And don't let a white woman be close, he'll turn into a damn avenger." She joked.

"What are you actually scared about, hmm?"

"Falling on my face, that's for one. I just feel like, I've always been around all of the media madness, but never in it until this past year. I really don't know how good I'll be. Like someone's gonna ask about the Havana thing, someone's gonna ask about the Freeform show, and I don't think I'm ready to talk about it."

Ayesha could understand where Amaria's hesitation stemmed from. She too had run ins with social media and upholding images that were created for her.

"You still control the narrative. You are a storyteller. You can let people see everything or exactly what you want. You'll be great. Now come over here and try this dip."

Ayesha was hosting a get together for everyone to get together before the award show. They all would be attending. Damion, Sydel and Daxon were settled in at the Curry household in a guest bedroom.

"Mari I've missed you a lot." Sydel wrapped her arms around her friend's neck.
"I missed you too. It's been crazy here without you." Amaria definitely felt like she suffered the most by the Lee's leaving. They were home away from home. It was always peace when they were around, that was their spirits.

"We're having a wedding meeting and I'm gonna straighten all of this out. I don't like how the mothers are acting, but I really don't like how the bridesmaids are acting." Sydel heard from all sides what was going on, she felt like it was foolish.

Mariah and Audi were laughing as they entered the kitchen. "What y'all in here chatting about?"

"Literally everything, they're so loud out there. How else am I to think straight?" Sydel joked. Lightly squeezing Amaria's hand, Sydel continued on her journey back to the party. Mariah soon followed leaving Audi to speak with her friend.

"You sure you okay girly?"

"I'm good, let's get back in here before our thick neck ass men come in here for no reason." Linking arms, the ladies returned to the festivities.

Jordan had a fresh glass of strawberry lemonade, it sat untouched on the table as he played with his watch and then the wristband on the opposite arm. Something was bothering him, something that had him out of his element.

Amaria sat down next to him, instantly noticing something was off. She didn't want to make things awkward so she engaged in conversation with those around them. Jordan didn't intend to be standoffish. A few minutes ago he had been on the phone with Warren and it wasn't the best conversation.

Karena wasn't doing well and had been in and out of the hospital. Neither of them knew how to tell her and if anything, they warned Jordan first to prepare for the news.

He watched as they smiled amongst their friends, genuinely fitting into their group, as if she always belonged. And she did. Amaria was the missing piece, she kept everyone sane, she was the glue.

How was he able to keep it together enough for her this time? Her mother was her world, and what was hers, was now his. He wanted to cry. He was sad, confused and ultimately frustrated. It was a matter of time before this news altered everything.