26 | welcome wagon

Ayesha had planned a welcome party for Amaria in the middle of the first round of the playoffs.

This would be one of the only nights off they all would have for a awhile. Workouts had gotten more gruesome and due to contract changes, things were always up.

Of course Steph, Draymond and Klay had nothing to worry about when it came to contracts, they were Golden State's very golden boys. Their performances were always grand, injured or not. Their injuries brought more attention to the team which brought in more money.

Wiggins was solid so for the most part, he was locked in. At this time Jordan may have been the odd man out. After a break out season and helping the team to victory twice, it was good until it wasn't. But now they were on the resurgence.

"You sure you don't want me to bring anything?" Amaria asked as the nail tech filed her nails.

She was currently with Ayesha and Hazel at the nail salon.

"It's a party for YOU. Why would you bring anything?" Ayesha giggled
"It's been four years of friendship and she won't stop doing that."

"I'm sorry, I just hate not being able to do things for y'all like y'all do for me."

"Girl, you do way more than you think!" Hazel praised, "I owe you everything for how Olive & Haze has gone. My wedding special? My acting reels? You do more than enough."

Amaria had written a scene for Hazel's acting reel that went viral. They were really praising Hazel for her skills. She did in fact kill it.

"Who's gonna be there?" Amaria asked picking a nude for her nails.

"Well, Sydel and Damion are flying in. Gary said he'll skip some family thing to be here. You know Mariah and Kevon will be. Otto RSVP'd, Wiggins, Wiseman"

"Sounds like the old crew getting back together." She laughed. "What about Juan and Audi?"

Hazel gave Ayesha a look before looking away. "What are y'all not telling me?"

"They broke up."
"I'm sorry, what now? When?!" Amaria exclaimed. "How am I last to know?

"We just found out, when I asked her about her RSVP and if Juan was busy since she didn't mark him down, she said she wouldn't know what he's doing, they're not together"

"What the hell? I was rooting for them. He said he was gonna propose last I spoke to him."

"He what?" Ayesha snapped her next in Amaria's direction.

"Yeah, he had asked me to help him pick a ring."

"That's crazy. They gotta figure it out. It ain't right without them." Hazel sighed.

"It's not at all."

"It's a lot of things not right Amaria. You and Jordan being one of them." Ayesha started.

"Esh, not today."
"Then when cause I been wanting to talk about this for a long time. What's really going on?"

"Honestly, I don't even know. We got into an argument the other day and it's just been weird since."

"An argument about what?" Hazel asked.
"Him being jealous of other men in my life."

Hazel laughed and then snorted, "he's not serious? Like still?"

"Because he isn't her boyfriend. And they both know that's the issue on both sides." Ayesha scolded. "Cmon kids, lets be honest here. They broke up, and them not being friends killed them. Now being friends is just as bad cause they both want more. Amaria ain't been with nobody else and he keeps dating fillers."