69 | frustration

It seemed like everyone had been on edge following the events on set a week ago.

Jordan spent more time in the gym than he did during the whole off season. Amaria was working on other projects non-stop. They hadn't rescheduled their date and now they both were frustrated, in more ways than one.

"The trade coming up, the draft coming up, the ESPYS around the corner. Y'all know Shaq hosting it right?" Klay placed his beer down to pick up his plate.

This was one of those days where it was a few amount of the team that could link up, Klay, Dray, Looney and Wiggs were over Jordan's house. Ralen and J2 were also there.

"They should've gotten me!" Dray shook his head, "I knew I should've announced retiring or something." He joked.

"JP what's on your mind?" Jordan had been in and out of it since they came over. "Nothing man, just tired."

"Nah, you don't look tired. You look frustrated young blood. I know that look anywhere." Draymond pointed.

"You do look a tab irritable." Wiggins agreed.

"Alright, alright let the man breathe." Klay laughed. "But you do seem off."

"Fuck it, I feel like all I been doing is working on this time off. The politics of ball is annoying as shit. I barely get to spend time with my woman, thought we would have more time."

"Sorry man, you're MVP now. All it is, is politics. But hey, another pay increase is coming."

Jordan wasn't worried about the money. Right now, all he wanted to do was find his girlfriend and handle some business. Dominique and his team had deal after deal lined up and he was appreciative. His first agent and publicist were doing a shit job at managing him, so earlier in their relationship, Amaria helped a lot. He was glad they she didn't have to extend herself any further at his expense. He like her doing what she liked to do, for herself. Speaking of her, Jordan had not seen her since that night, and it was due to their work schedule. Jordan's wet dreams were so vivid he had woken up in a cold sweat, and in need of a change of boxers.

Amaria had been working with Ja Morant and Nike, Steph and Under Armour, and her body was completely exhausted. She was grateful because, this was the perfect time to work on projects like this, with no distractions. But one thing her body wanted to do more than anything? Be on top of Jordan.

"What you doing?" Jordan asked over FaceTime. He was in the car while Amaria was in her apartment. "Boy, I'm finishing this reel promo for Steph."

"Got you working huh?"
"Sure do, but I'm tired Puds." She yawned.

"Did you eat?"
"No, I need to go to the market too." Amaria had been living off vibes for the last week, just on go and doing whatever as she was out the house.

"I'm bringing you some food. Actually some wings."

"Mmm, boy you know the way to my heart." He could see the smile on her face, which made his flutter.

"Put the phone down and drive carefully and I'll see you when you get here." Jordan listened carefully, he didn't want to end the call but he knew he would be distracted so he turned up the music.

"Wanna try a wing?" She offered. Jodan looked at the drumstick in front of him, taking a quick bite. "They good, thank you."

Instead of warning him about the sauce on his lip, she kissed him, licking it in the process. "Girl why you kissing me like this?" She shrugged, playing with his goatee. "You got a haircut I see."

"Yeah, I was looking rough." He used his hands to brush his waves. "You still want me to help you take your hair out?"

"Absolutely, not tonight though. It can be a tomorrow thing."