63 | pov

"Drake wants to know how you feel about starring in the music video." Dominique, Jordan's publicist asked.

Amaria's arm healed and Drake meant what he said, he wanted her apart of the video once she was good to go. He asked if she wanted to be the assistant director, and she accepted. Now, it was this next question that she hesitated on.

"I'm asking you Mar. Jordan already signed his contract." She looked over at Jordan who was talking on the phone with someone.

"Umm, I guess so, yeah." Dominique rapidly typed on her phone, forwarding the contract over to Amaria.

Jordan ended his call, returning to the the couch where Amaria sat. "What she say?"

"Drake asked if I wanted to be in the video." 

"And what did you say?" He placed his arm over the back of the couch. "I said yeah, sure."

She wasn't sure. Amaria was only in front of the camera if it was a controlled environment. She was used to being the driving force behind it.

"You don't sound so sure, I'll be right there with you." She smiled, leaning into his shoulder, "I know, it's just weird to me. Especially cause we're gonna be together and everyone is gonna be looking at us."

"Let em look. I'll give them a real show if you want." He smirked.

She rolled her eyes ultimately blushing. "It's either your phone is vibrating or you hiding something in this couch. Which is it?"

Amaria pinched him causing him to groan, "it's my phone stupid."

She answered without looking at the caller ID. "Ms. Banks."

"Uh, hey who's this?"
"Its Detective Seager from the LAPD."

She sat up, separating herself from Jordan. "Hey, are there any updates?"

"Unfortunately we still haven't been able to track the lead suspect in your case." The look on Amaria's face was flat. Havana had been running for the last two months away from everything and everyone. She hadn't been seen since Miami and somehow wasn't spotted at that game.

"Well, thank you for the call."

Jordan wasn't sure what was going on, but his mood changed when he realized hers did. "What happened?"

"They still can't find Havana. I'm over it at this point. As long as she out of our lives. I don't care."

He felt the opposite. If it was up to him, he'd drag her out of her grandma house. "We not gonna worry about that. It'll eventually all come through. In the meantime we gotta video shoot tomorrow. Walk me through this, I ain't never done this before."l

Dominique walked back into the living room, "Sorry to interrupt y'all. I'm gonna head out and I'll see y'all tomorrow. The contract is in your email. Please sign and send it back as soon as you can."

"Bye Dom!" Amaria waved as she locked the door behind her. "Puds, it's gonna be a long day. You're gonna have to get rest."

"We gonna be there all day?" He now took up the whole couch, leaving Amaria with nowhere to lay. "Yeah, it'll be some breaks in between but video shoots will take up a day, starting at 5 or 6 depending on the scenes needed. That reminds me, I gotta check the call sheet and the storyboard the director sent over."

Amaria's phone rung again and it was from an unsaved number.

(414) ***-****

That number had called her a few times over the last week. She refused to answer. There were two voicemails in her phone, she glanced over the transcript of the audio and noticed it said Alex. She had nothing to say to her at this point in her journey and until she did, she wasn't wasting her time on the phone.