100 | it aint over

5 Years Later....

Nothing hit like the Californian sun in the early morning. Jordan forgot to close his blinds last night and he was royally paying for it as the sheets covering his head did nothing. The door creaking open didn't phase him, he couldn't even hear it. His slumber was what he needed after all the work he did last night.

A few taps on his body did minimal to wake him up. The only thing that could be heard in the room was a dissatisfied huff. Pulling the covers back, he was tapped on the chest, forehead and neck, hard.

"What time is it?" He groaned, finally waking up from his sleep. Searching for his phone, he was greeted with a fit of giggles that would always make him laugh.

"It's nine o'clock daddy."

Hearing a voice he was so fond of he smiled to himself, "I had thirty more minutes to my alarm."

"I am the alarm silly, I made the noise" The young child climbed into bed and sat next to him while his eyes adjusted to the sunlight.

"That you are."

Jordan was a father and honestly the way he had been hunching almost six years ago explained it all perfectly. He was absolutely overjoyed to the realization that his world would be changing.

"Are you ready for the party?!"

"Are you ready for the party Cub?!" He asked using the nickname he gave her and tickling the happy five year old. "I am! I'm so happy. I get to play with JJ, oh and Amari! He's got little hands but he can play with us since he's two! Oh and then I can rub auntie's belly."

"Well if we never get dressed, how are you going to see them?" Like the speed of lightening the small feet hit the floor before taking off down the hallway.

Jordan took a quick shower knowing his little mini would be banging on the door soon enough saying that he had been moving too slow. His phone rung and that stopped the music in the bathroom. Firmly wrapping the towel around his waist, he followed to where it had been prematurely answered.

In the middle of the bed, the small hands held the phone smiling at the face on the other end.

"Where are you?"

"I'm getting ready for the baby shower silly girl, please put your dad on the phone and get the clothes we picked out, okay?"

"Okay... daddy!" She yelled not knowing he was as close as he was, "Oh, there you are! Mommy's on the phone."

Jordan took the phone and watched as the little girl of his dreams ran back out the door in her yellow robe.

"Good morning Mr. Poole, did y'all get up on time today?"

"We would if you were here. You always keep us on time." He grumbled. He wasn't necessarily up late but he could've been up earlier.

"Sir hush. That's why I called. My job is clearly to keep you both on track, y'all don't have a concept of time at all."

"Jade's a lot better at it than I am these days."
"Mhm."

There was a small string of silence before he cleared his throat. "What you wearing today?"

"Why?" The mother of his child turned up her nose at the question. "I'm wearing clothes."

"You and that smart ass mouth man, I'm asking cause you said something about matching."

"Not too sure about that anymore." She shrugged.
"Fuck does that mean Selene?"

Rolling her eyes Amaria placed her food down on the table before wiping her mouth. Originally she planned to have them all match but in recent weeks it was expressed to her that may be it would be inappropriate.