31 | take care of you

Amaria sent another jab to the punching bag as Jordan held it for her. She went for a left upper cut and landed it.

"Aight, cool down kid." She paced around her workout area as the sweat dripped down her back.

"Thanks for coming with me." She smiled weakly placing her items in her gym bag.

She asked Jordan if he were interested in going to the gym with her. It gave them a way to start something new, spend time together and still be on a workout regimen.

"This was good. You ready to eat?"
"I'm ready to nap Poole and shower."

"Can't let you nap too long, you said you have that meeting with Freeform today."
"You remembered?" She couldn't help be surprised that the detail stayed with him.

"Of course, now afterwards if you're not busy I wanna go out to dinner."
"Okay, then go." She laughed more to herself than him, wasn't like she was going to stop him.

"With you Amaria, I'm tryna take you out."

"Ohhhh. Umm, sure. When do you want me to be ready by?"

He grabbed a towel for him and her, "Be ready by 8."

After a the game on Friday, they had a pretty chill weekend. The series was now 2-1 with the Warriors being up. They have two more games, the next one being the deal breaker. Jordan's plan was to sit Amaria down and tell her all the things he had been thinking: starting over, moving completely forward, loving her.

He just needed to know if she felt the same, his thoughts were interrupted with a cough, which alarmed her.

"You okay?"
"Yeah; im cool."

Jordan coughed again which made him pull over to catch his barring. Amaria got out of the passenger seat and walked to the driver side. "Cmon, get up. I'll drive."

They switched seats and she drove to the nearest drug store.

"What we doing here, I said I was cool."
"Jordan, you say that every time there's a slight inconvenience in your health and then it's you on a death bed. So I'm getting you some meds. cause I know you don't have much in your house."

He didn't argue with her, he let her rack the small cart with items, adding his own things as well. At the check out counter, she pulled out her wallet and he stopped her, "I'm not letting you get that."

"Jordan, stop. It's stuff you need, I don't mind and I'm the one insisting you get it." She moved his hand away and he blocked her again.

"And like I said before, I'm not letting you get it. So just accept that as is." He pulled out his credit card for the transaction.

They were now at his house, she had just gotten out of the shower and now had his Robe on, a black Versace one. Jordan on the other hand had been coughing more, Soon developing a fever.

"You swimming in that robe."

She put up her middle finger and turned away from him as she picked up the lotion from her overnight bag.

"We could right now, stop playing!" His excitement caused him to choke on his words as another cough escaped his body.

"Puds, stop talking and relax. I'm gonna reschedule my meeting and make you some soup."

"Hell no, you going to that meeting. I'll never forgive myself if you miss it to take care of me. I'll be fine."

"Jordan!"
"Amaria, You're going and I'll sleep until you get back. Then we can go to eat."

"You're not going out to eat like this. We can reschedule."

Eventually she had gotten dressed and found broth to make him soup.