47 | entering redemption

Amaria entered the arena earlier than expected. She wanted to capture some footage of practice. Being the resourceful person she was, she could use one hand for the most part. Her Sony camera was mirrorless and lightweight. Her gimbal would help her capture and steady the shot. She could and would make this work.

During her first few days down, Amaria quickly realized she was not a homebody and she quite possibly wasn't housewife material. She wanted kids, to start a family but, she loved working and continuously growing in her craft.

She'd hope that Jordan would be content with her being a working woman. Still aiming to make the house a home but being there all the time? That was a no go.

She waved to various people that recognized her, before taking a seat.

"Amaria Banks?" She looked up to see D'Angelo Russell.

"Umm, hey. You need something?" She knew his face but couldn't place where she knew him from.

"Yeah I just wanted to get your autograph. I'm a fan of your work."

"I'm not even a celebrity, you're the one who signs autographs." She laughs. "I don't have anything to write with though."

Juan had walked on the court and noticed Amaria speaking with someone, "Yo Maria!"

Amaria looked over and smiled as Juan approached her. "Hey Johnny, you ready to be my assistant?"

"Yeah. I didn't even know you were here yet." He volunteered to help her set up her camera. "Sup D.Lo?"

"What's good JTA?" The two ball players dapped one another.

"What brings you here?"
"I mean, this could be the last game so everyone's down here." D.Lo pointed to the court, "Like this nigga."

Amaria and Juan followed his direction until they saw Bones Hyland with a bouquet of roses, talking to a trainer.

Not today bro, not today.

Amaria excused herself, claiming she needed to use the bathroom. She found herself in the locker room.

"Steph, help please." She grabbed his arm, dragging him into the hallway.

"Mar, what's wrong?" She was frantic, something he hadn't seen much of.

"You remember Bones right?"
"Yeah. Pretty good player, why?"

He had no idea where this was going.
"Well he's here, with flowers."

Steph took a moment to think why that mattered, "Wait, he's still trying? That boy does not give up."

"I walked off before he could see me. Juan is out there with him and D.Lo."
"D'Angelo is here? This is going to be a night."

"Then I remembered it's the finals, everyone is here."

Steph overheard who D'Angelo was in Miami with, but since Amaria didn't, he wasn't going to share that right now.

"Amaria Selene Banks." The only person here that used her full name was Jordan, but it wasn't his voice.

Juan was visibly pissed as he walked over to them. "Why'd you say my name like that?"

"Is there anything you want to share with us?"

Amaria looked at him up and down before mugging him, "What are you talking about?"

"That young man feels like he has a chance with you. So I'm curious as to how he got to that conclusion."

Steph looked between the two with a shocked expression on his face, this was a lot more than he expected to witness before the game.

"I'll step in and say this. Whatever you're getting at, doesn't apply here. Amaria—"