7 | new normal

"Annyae, what I tell you about putting all of this tissue in my damn toilet?!" Amaria groaned at the actions of her 4 year old goddaughter.

Her plunging was interrupted by her phone vibrating due to an incoming FaceTime call.

"Hey girl, what you doing?" Devine, her oldest friend asked.

"Girl, I'm trying to fix this toilet that Yae broke. She always doing something. How are you?"

"I'm packing my bags for the show. I'm nervous chile."

Devine had dreams of being on broadway. She hoped that one day her name would be in lights. She had just booked her first show and it was in North Carolina. A little further than expected but she was grateful.

"You're Devine Willams. One of the greatest performers the world will soon see. You got this sis!"
"You always know what to say. I'm still mad you hanging around with ball players without me."

Few people knew about her encounters with the Warriors and she preferred it that way. Her focus was on her craft and not all the extra in between.

"I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you one day."
"I'll hold you to it. Do you think you'll be able to make it to my show? I know it's a little far."

"I'll try my hardest, you know I will."
"That's all I ask for. You gotta tell me what it was like? You know my favorite couple now!"

"They're all nice, I mean I don't have a bad thing to say about anyone." 
"Did you tell Wiggins I loved him? Or Dray or Klay?"

Amaria laughed, "No, not yet. I'll do that next time I see them. If there is one."

"They'll be a next time."

Since leaving San Francisco she hadn't spoken much to anyone. The playoffs were in motion and everyone was on go. Last time she had spoken to Hazel was the beginning of last week when she returned home after the flight.

Speaking of, Hazel was calling her now.

"D, I'll call you back later. I'm getting another call."

Devine said her goodbyes which allowed Amaria to answer her phone.

"Hey girl, sorry I haven't been in touch. Everything good?"
"I'm doing good, tired."

"You need to get some sleep. Did you put your two weeks in yet?"
"No Haze"

Hazel was serious when she suggested quitting her job, particularly the Real Estate job. She didn't like the working conditions her new friend worked in.

"I'm serious, girl I'll write you up a contract asap so you can be far away from them people, they don't even deserve what you do."

"You're right but in the meantime. How are you?"

"I'm good. I do have to ask you something though."

"What on earth could you have to ask me?" Amaria wondered. "Well..." Hazel began. "I wanna know if you're free Wednesday and to next Monday?"

Hazel smiled hopefully. Dray wanted to hire Amaria for the next two games, one at home and one in Memphis. Hazel also wanted to have the Olive & Haze launch in the midst of that on Saturday.

"Wednesday, eh that's my goddaughter's birthday so I wanted to go out with her that day."

"Like day or night outing? Because I will have Dray send the jet."

"Ima send the what? That's outta pocket you offering up Maverick like this" Draymond yelled from the background.

"Hey Dray!" Amaria laughed. "Hey Mar, you see my wife over here acting up?"