27 | hit or miss

Amaria's welcome party was a success in her book. She felt all of the love she could ever ask for. It was even better then her going away party.

When she arrived to her front door there was still a presence with her.

"Jordan, you didn't have to walk me to the door. The lobby was fine." 

"I needed to make sure you were good. Make sure you get some rest. Don't be unpacking all through the night."

He's always worried about my well-being she thought.

Placing both hands on his chest she leaned into him, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"Good night Mr. Poole."

She closed the door and he walked down the hallway to the elevator. As the doors closed behind him, he sighed, "Good night Mrs. Poole."

Jordan's alarm clock went off at 5 am. He wanted to get a work out in before practice. Tonight's game was against Portland. This would be the first in the series.

After handling his morning routine he checked in with the guys via FaceTime. Steph was the first that answered and he seemed to be in his kitchen.

"Morning bro, what's up?" Steph was prepping lunch for the kids.

"Just checking in, about to get a workout in."
"Which gym?" He asked laying the bread out.

"Amaria's. It's close to where I need to be today so I might as well stay down town."

"You got a good point kid. Since you're here, I gotta question."

"Yeah, shoot."

Amaria had been getting some much needed rest. While stretching she accidentally bumped into Jordan. A few hours ago he had came in from his workout, showered and wanted some sleep. She turned around and realized his back was to her. She scooted closer and wrapped her arms around his torso, becoming the big spoon.

"Good morning Selene." The low octave of his voice made her feel things. Forgotten things from the past that threatened to resurface.

"Good morning. How was your work out?"

With his eyes still closed he answered, "It was good, put me right to sleep. He adjusted himself, turning to her. "You about to get up?"

"For the bathroom, but I kinda just wanna watch movies until I have my interview and then the game.

"You wearing my jersey tonight?" He mumbled gripping her body and pulling it into him, he rested his head on her chest.

"I'll look through my boxes to find one." She non-chalantly responded.

He opened his eyes to look at her, "I'll have a new one handed to you today."

Amaria had a few Poole jerseys, they were all in the same box. A box she already located and had stashed in a safe part of her closet. She just got a kick out of messing with him.

As declared, Amaria sat up watching movies while Jordan slept. She was on her second movie when he finally woke up for good.

"What you watching?"
"The Hot Chick. You were knocked out, you missed me watch Deuce Bigalow."

"You gonna have to run that back. Can't believe you watched that without me."

They both found humor in Rob Schneider and Adam Sandler films. If hadn't seen a movie, best believe Amaria was going to put him on. They would talk for hours about the plot and character progression which Amaria loved since this was apart of her wants and needs.