8 | your moment

After a nice day off, it was back to work. Amaria had to run errands with Hazel for tomorrow's launch.

"You'll never believe the damn messages I got." Hazel smacked her teeth. "Why would my event planner cancel on me the day before the event?"

"Talking about, I have an emergency and I'm gonna miss my flight, I don't know when I'll be available. This what I be talking about."

Amaria called Alyssa immediately. She has access to the Lys Looks calendar and saw there was an opening for tomorrow.
"Alyssa! Girl I need a favor."

"Hello to you too Mari. Why you calling me so early?"
"I need an event planner in San Francisco in a few hours."

Amaria could hear Alyssa shifting around over the phone. "Bro, what happened? Who's it for? And what's the event?"

"Event planner canceled, it's for Hazel. It's the official launch to her new clothing venture."
"That cute shit from the pop up? Yeah, I'm down."

"Hazel, you have a new event planner." 

Hazel booked Alyssa on the next flight from out of New York and her next stop was Ayesha's house for a team meeting.

"Okay, what all needs to be done?" Sydel asks wiping her hands with paper towel.

"Alyssa will be here in about two more hours. I have a car picking her up, and she's meeting us at the venue. Amaria is gonna be handling dealings with the production team leader so we won't be seeing her again until late tonight."

It was currently 1:33 am and Amaria was still at the venue setting up and running tests on all the tech needs. The creative director had left two hours ago and crew members were starting to leave.

"You gonna be okay in here?" One of the assistants asked.
"Yeah, I have a ride coming." She lied.

Amaria would just catch an Uber or Lyft when she knew everything was right.

After the last crew member left she had began playing music of her own while going through the videos on the screen. There was an unfamiliar phone number across her screen trying to FaceTime her. She ignored it and continued to work. After two minutes the number called again, interrupting her music.

She answered angling the phone away from her face. "Umm, hello?"

"Aye, what you doing?" Jordan's voice asked. She looked down at her phone confused as to how he got her number. "Jordan? How you get this number?"

She asked propping the phone on her laptop. "Don't worry about that. I asked what you were doing."

She ignored him and continued to check the lighting cues.

"I asked Ayesha for it."
"I didn't think y'all even talked like that."

"It's a lot you don't know Miss Banks. Now back to my question."
"I'm making sure the technical stuff for tomorrow goes well."

"Like what, tell me more." She looked down at the phone and noticed he was driving. "Where are you headed?"

"You asking alot from me and not giving me any answers yet." He retorted.
"Anyways, I'm setting up the lighting for Hazel's event, making sure there's no mistakes. The videos are ready, the cameras are all set up. Things are in place. It has to be perfect."

"You really do this forreal, that's crazy."

"Yeah, I do. But I'm just about done here. Gonna do one more run through before heading to my friend's hotel."

"What friend?" He asked pulling the phone to his face. "My friend Alyssa? I can't have friends?"

"You got friends out here?"
"Hazel needed a new event planner, I know the best."