84 | with you

Yara and Malcolm held onto each other as Malcolm mourned the death of his childhood best friend, Jessica. He didn't know where this overwhelming emotion came from but it scared him because how could he explain his pain to Yara? She never lost someone like this. She assumed his type of grief made sense, for the right reasons but little did she know Malcom was in love with Jessica.

Amaria was writing in her notebook collecting her thoughts. There were so many stories for her to tell and she hadn't taken the time to write since being home... well, her hometown. Her home was back in San Francisco and at the moment she was missing it.

Jordan finished packing his bags, again. This time he was going back to The Bay for sure. They both agree it would be good for him to go back to start the season.

"Spencer says she wants to see us Saturday morning. But she understands if you can't make it."

"I plan to be there." Jordan sighed which caused her to face him. "What's wrong?"

"I'll be honest, I don't want to leave without you." Sitting on the edge of the bed he laid back to where his head laid near her legs.

"Oh Puds, you getting soft on me?"

"Girl, I went two months without you, I ain't tryna do that again." She laughed, scooting so that she was face to face with him. "To be honest I don't like being without you either but, we have high hopes going into the rest of today."

She said it without saying it. Today would be determining factor on her mother's fate and she had hoped there was some response or that she woke up because then Amaria would have to break the news to her father that they were ready to pull the plug. She was in a coma longer than intended and it was like the hours were going by fast but the days were going slow.

"God's got it." She nodded in agreement, "Yeah, he does."

"We gonna have to talk about what happened earlier." Jordan spoke first. He didn't want the day to slip away and they not communicate, regardless of what was happening around them.

"Yeah, I know. We can talk about it in the car right? Ashlyn calling my phone again."

Amaria led the way out of the house with Jordan not too far behind her. He made sure the door was locked before jogging past her to the driveway to open her door.

"Such a gentleman." She smiled at him before getting into the car. She looked down at her phone which had been blowing up for some odd reason.

Audi
Mari! I miss you so much ❤️

Esh
Yeah the way I need you home is insane! My God! Did mom get the flowers?

Sydel
Dax wants to FaceTime you and won't take no for an answer.

It seemed like she hadn't spoken to her friends in forever. She hadn't seen them in two months outside of FaceTime and it was sickening.

She noticed a separate text message from Mychal who had been talking to her throughout the last few weeks. It seemed like she and Wiggs called to check in all the time.

Mychal
I would love to have lunch when you get back to the bay, let me know love!

"So."
"So." She mirrored him.

"We not about to make this weird." He chuckled, "I may have crossed a line this morning and I'm sorry but I missed you and I was tired of holding that in."

"It's not weird. It honestly broke the ice a bit. With everything going on, we hadn't had time to even talk about us."

"I miss us." He admitted.
"I miss us too." Leaning over the console she gave him a kiss on the cheek.