72 | series of sessions 3

Where memories are a form of therapy.

2 years ago...

"Amaria, are you okay?" Mariah asked on the other side of the bathroom.

Amaria's tears blinded her vision as she leaned over the sink trying to hold herself together. There she was breaking her promise to herself. She swore she wouldn't cry over Jordan and another girl again. But here she was, in the bathroom of this event balling her eyes out. He had brought the third girl he had been "dating" around the group and it was probably the worst of them all.

"I—" she choked on her words, as she began panicking in the bathroom. Mariah could hear the faint gasping over the music and ran to grab the nearest person, luckily it wasn't Jordan or Juan. Looney kicked open the door to see Amaria in the corner trying to breathe.

3 years ago....

It was the first game back after the breakup and Jordan had been quiet the whole day. No one paid too much mind to it, cause he would zone out when he was game time anyways.

"He's going for the three, AH HE MISSES IT!"

"Poole's got it, he goes for the layup, no-go!"

"It's gonna happen, Steph to Kuminga, Kuminga to Poole, ah outta bounds."

Steve took Jordan out the game which resulted to him going to the locker room. He couldn't handle the stress and couldn't focus. Everything in the Chase reminded him of her, the camera people, Juan eating a bag of Hot Cheetos alone, Ayesha and Hazel sitting next to an empty seat.

The moment she left San Francisco, she took his heart with her. At 23 Jordan was experiencing his first real heart break.

"What the fuck?" He huffed as he thought about her on the ledge of that building. She was unhappy and there was nothing he could've done. He was glad that he saved her but at the same time, his heart still ached the same.

Jordan's fists I just fists wet from the unexpected tears that left his eyes. The last time he cried was when he was drafted. That's how much emotion seeped out of his body at this moment.

"Aye, JP where you at?" Draymond asked entering the locker room. He looked around until he found Jordan on the floor with his head in his hands. "Bro what's up?"

In that moment, Jordan finally broke down. It took him four days to process that his relationship had come to an end.

"She left me."

"Bro she'll be back next week, I know you ain't in here crying cause your girlfriend went back home for a few days. Wait— you're crying... what happened?" Draymond took a moment too long to understand what was going on, the words that left Jordan's mouth weren't registering to him. His brain wouldn't allow him to accept that the very head over hills couple, were no more.

"She fucking left me."

2 years ago...

Jordan woke up in the middle of the night seeing that Amaria laid before him. That last night wasn't a dream and that they indeed made love to one another. Before they went to bed, he made her as comfortable as possible. It wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, a few minutes after orgasming she was in pain.

Her whole body now realizing what happened. Jordan was the most attentive to her during that very awkward aftermath. He drew her a bath, heated up some of her leftovers, gave her a heating pad and cuddled with her until she went to sleep.

In the morning. Jordan ordered breakfast for the two of them. They sat and talked. He wanted to know where they were going to go from there. He completely understood staying friends. They had just got back on speaking terms. They both would need time. No one expected it to take two more years for it to happen.