34 | sisterly affection

Amaria had been back in Philly for a few hours. She arrived at 2:35 am and had been on go since. It was now 6 am and she was setting all of her things up at her parents house.

"I see you still up at the same time as me." Karena laughed leaving the bathroom and passing Amaria's room.
"Seems like it. How you doing mom?" The mother daughter duo hug then Karena takes a seat on the nearest comfortable surface.

"You excited about tonight?"
"Yeah, I'm happy all of my family is going to be there."

This would be one of those times where her career paid off, she was able to afford a house, and pay for an apartment in two different states. She had made and saved enough money to be able to purchase a family suite for tonight's game.

All of her family and friends would be at the Wells Fargo center for the Sixers vs. the Warriors. It was a moment the city had never seen and she had the chance to give long term fans a nice seat in the house.

This would also be a night for Jordan to meet her family. He had already been aquatinted with her parents and closest friends but this was the night her overbearing cousins, aunts, uncles and grandma would in attendance.

"Your father has been talking about this game his whole life. Even if they lose, he's so happy he's getting the chance to see it."

Instead of overworking herself, Amaria actually took a nap. Her mother had stayed in the room with her and rubbed her daughter's hair as she slept on her chest.

"Where we supposed to go for these cheesesteaks Mar!? I'm hungry" Dray complained over the phone.
"I said I'll meet y'all at Max's first. We got a few places to go,"

"It was 10 am and the team wanted to go on a field trip before practice just to get some food and see the city.

"The driver will be able to get you there. Hold your damn horses Green."

She didn't understand why they didn't practice first and then ate. It's no reason for anyone to eat a heavy ass non-breakfast meal in the morning.

"It's not gonna be good cold and y'all shouldn't be eating that now." She scolded as she led the team into the establishment.

Max's had become the new hub for tourists to get cheesesteaks in the city, that and Delassandro's. Amaria preferred the local papi store, (which others would know as a bodega or deli) but again it was too early to be eating that. The store didn't technically open until 11 but Embiid called them himself to make sure everyone got to experience the city.

"Out of everyone, I talked to him the least at the events so he did this on the strength of y'all." Amaria laughed as she leaned against the wall watching them order.

"Selene, what I'm supposed to get?"
"You don't know what you want on your own food?"

"Baby, c'mon, help me." He begged. She had stepped up to the counter in front of him.

"Oh shit, Amaria? Baby girl, how you doing? How's your dad?"
"Mr. Malik! Hey, I'm good. He's good. How are you?"

"Man we all proud of you. We good around here. Tell him i said hi, he ain't been down here in a minute."

"Well what are you doing tonight?"
"I'll be at Charley B's watching the game."

Jordan looked down at Amaria as she had her conversation with the older gentleman. "No, you're gonna watch the game from Wells Fargo. You're family. My dad would love to see you."

"Oh you ain't gotta do that Mar."

"Yes I do. It's already done. You can meet us at the old house, that's where the bus is gonna be picking y'all up from."