Chapter 23

November 6th, 2021

"Now I feel underdressed," Logan replied with an appreciative smile.

Logan had emerged from the bathroom, just wearing a bath towel - Rory's pink plush cotton towel with flamingos - and Rory almost burst into laughter. But it was just a nervous reaction, which she struggled to control, coming out as a light giggle - more at the fact that he'd probably had a very similar contemplation concerning the towel inside that bathroom like she'd just had with her robe. There wasn't anything really funny about it - it just took her a moment to absorb the image in front of her.

There he was - still fit, just like she remembered, but maybe with his muscles a little bit less defined, but still lean and muscular - definitely strong. The red and black wolf covered most of his right pectoralis major and reached over to his deltoid. It was a little foreing sight for Rory, but it did suit him, especially considering he now had facial hair, which made him look almost like someone else altogether. He did not have the corporate businessman look anymore - at least not what one might expect to find underneath a business suit.

Logan just smiled, seeing her eyes studying him. He almost wanted to focus on her eyes alone - the look in her eyes was so sexy. But his own brain fluctuated between that look and wanting to look at her body in return. As he let his mind get his way, he swallowed hard, notably so.

"I just didn't want to give you the impression that the ship had sailed," Rory said, coyly, as if apologizing.

"It'd take a lot more than a phone call..," Logan said confidently.

"Hm-hm," Rory hummed. 

 "You look incredible," Logan continued after a deep breath.

"Oh this old thing?" Rory played oblivious, gesturing at her lingerie. "Love the choice of towel by the way," she teased. She was between trying to keep the mood light, her nerves still being a mess, and just letting the tension take its course. She was a little scared of the latter, worried the intenseness could end in dissapointment somehow - not on her side, but rather his.

"Or I could just take it off?" he warned, playfully in his husky tone, and climbed onto the bed next to her. While he did, he made the gesture as if he might just pull the towel off right then and there. But he didn't, not wanting to hurry anything. 

But still - the fact that it was just a towel, one that wasn't held on terribly tightly made Rory's heart pump faster. That self-assured smile of his wasn't helping either. Her stomach fluttered, almost making her dizzy. It was almost like something out of the Outlander - a strong confident man with a few battle scars coming to ravish her, his intent being very clear.

"I like your wolf," Rory said, feeling like she needed to keep talking. "Does he have a name?" she asked, and carefully traced her finger along its outline, liking the intimate distance that they were laying in, positioned onto their sides, facing each other. The room was definitely filled with the good kind of tension, and the shakiness of her breath betrayed what she was feeling, despite the light topics she spoke of.

"He doesn't have a name," Logan replied, and pushed a stray hair back over her shoulder, wanting to see more of her skin. He was a little concerned actually about how she'd take it when she saw the rest of the ink he had on his back, but it was not something he liked to use as a conversation starter. She had never particularly appeared to be a huge fan of body art, but he'd had other reasons rather than vanity for having them done. But he couldn't deny that her oppinion mattered to him.

Logan's fingers trailed down Rory's arm, Rory's face showing how much even his simple touches were wanted, her eyes falling shut at the sensation already. Even her breath was shaky.