Chapter 66

March 26th, 2017

The Oak Dressing Room at North Mymms Park felt stuffy, making Logan want to release the bowtie and upmost button of his well-starched white dress-shirt as he glanced out of the window towards the vast estate of the place with well-trimmed bright green grass and bushes. But he knew he couldn't do that. Stuffing his two fingers between his collar was the best he could do at that moment, knowing this tension, this stuffiness, would ease up in a few moments. Logan was pretty sure this anticipation was worse than actually going on with the day. For the past few days, or was it weeks, he'd been fighting bad dreams, flashbacks - and the quick bachelor soiree to Amsterdam over these past few days that had left him with a throbbing, lingering, headache. But at least that had stopped the eerie feeling of life flashing in front of his eyes before something life changing took place. He'd accepted it, he'd accepted what was happening, along with the past regrets. Everybody had regrets, right? It was normal.

Finn, currently slouched down in the armchair in the adjacent room with an IV with vitamins and electrolytes stuck to his arm, eyes closed but not asleep, one leg draped over the handrest was a prime example of the kind of bachelor party it had been. They'd been contemplating for a while how they were too old for things like that, and truthfully they hadn't all partied together like this since that one night in New Hampshire. The problem was - getting the guys together stung now more than ever. Logan constantly felt like there was some presence missing but he didn't like to admit it. The past should remain in the past - shouldn't it? But this felt like the best reason to do it and thankfully the change of scenery had helped as it made them feel like they were in their 20s still, even if just for the duration of the time they'd been drunk.

"Is it time yet?" Finn asked, sounding like a sleepy 5-year-old, not opening his eyes.

"I do believe it's time for you to go find that nurse of yours," Logan pointed out as he checked the time.

"What on Earth for?" Finn mumbled.

"I would prefer it if you weren't strolling along the ceremony hall with that IV stand," Logan requested, reminding him.

"Oh, right. I forgot," Finn said and looked up at the IV stand. Hiring a private nurse for the event, and possibly for various overindulgence related cures had been a pretty good idea if one didn't think about the fact how determined Finn was, despite not showing it at the moment, at getting into that nurse's pants later that day. Or so at least he'd claimed the night before in Amsterdam having met the woman before briefly. Besides, some of Odette's friends were even bigger party animals than Finn was, believe it or not. There was going to be the ceremony, the formal reception and then the after party which Logan was pretty sure would get pretty crazy, even if he wasn't feeling it much.

Suddenly there was a knock.

"Yeah?" Logan asked.

"Logan! There you are!" Mitchum said as he peeked in from the doorway and made his entrance. "Oh hello," he added, noting Finn's presence with some disgust towards his tone.

"What's up?" Logan asked, knowing that it'd rather be the event organizer that'd come and let him know when it was time than his father.

"Finn, could you give us a minute?" Mitchum requested. And even though Finn was no longer a college kid to be ordered around by Mitchum Huntzberger, there had still remained a sense of seniority, so he dragged himself up and down the hall, already audibly searching for his lovely nurse Stella rom the second he stepped out.

"You look good," Mitchum complimented Logan. Logan was dressed in an ultra classic Dior tux, having not really had a lot of strong preferences. It wasn't his dream wedding - he doubted many guys even had a definition of that in their mind. But to him, more than to most guys, it was just a wedding, and Odette had done the same, or at least so she'd claimed a few days ago. But he could tell she was a little bit more nervous than he was nontheless.