Chapter 76

May 25th, 2022

"Thanks for doing this," Rory called out from the bathroom, where she was doing her makeup. She was beginning to feel most of her outfits were already a lost cause, but she just stuck to what she knew - most of her maternity dresses looked pretty much the same to her if one didn't focus too much on their colors. She was past observing her figure too carefully as one normally would, just trying to push onward and going through the motions of 'making herself pretty'.

"Yeah, like I could say no to you," Logan replied with the roll of his eyes, buttoning his dark navy dress shirt, getting ready himself.

"And you are going to make some teenage boys look very insecure tonight once they see you. Or maybe I should worry about the girls?" Rory said, stepping out of the bathroom, Logan's chic look definitely catching her eye. She had to admit, while she loved the new more relaxed Logan that worked from home most of the time, she kind of missed seeing him all dressed up. He looke damn good in a suit. Not that where they were going that evening was anything too glamorous.

"High school is hard enough. Maybe I should change?" Logan said, jokingly, threatening to unbutton his shirt again.

"Don't you dare," Rory said, smiling widely, and gave him a quick kiss. "Or maybe..." she added, flirtatiously, not minding one bit if she got to see him without his shirt on.

It was at that moment they could both hear Em and Loki running down the upstairs hallway, which caused them to pull apart, their lingering smiles promising to pick up where they left off.

"Mommy, you look so pretty," Em exclaimed, hugging her hips, taking the words out of Logan's mouth, that he'd been already thinking from the moment she'd stepped out of that bathroom. The claret-colored dress, with a deep V-neck and ¾ sleeves looked great on her, even if its jersey fabric was perhaps not the classiest thing she had in her wardrobe.

"Thanks, baby," Rory replied.

Logan scratched Loki behind his ear, as he was demanging his attention, trying to not get any dog fur on his suit that he was pulling on just then.

"I concur," Logan said anyway, knowing by now well that he'd just get a roll of her eyes from Rory if he made a too big of a deal of complimenting her. But he certainly wasn't going to stop with the assurances and compliments.

Even their therapy sessions had been going exceptionally well these past few times - it seemed that once they'd gotten over the bump of admitting to some issues, it was also a lot easier to communicated them. Rory was insecure, one of her deepest issues being the fear of love towards her being conditional. So now at least Logan could take that was a starting point and always factor in that even if she said or did something that seemed to be pushing him away he would know it was because of it and he needed to just give her time to come to her senses and not get offended by every little thing while Rory tried to differentiate between facts and feelings better. Logan's job was to be the rock, even though that too was a tiring job sometimes - but right now he was feeling stronger than he had in years, making him up for the job.

"Can you do my hair like that for the wedding?" Em asked, liking Rory's twisted side braid. She rarely did things like that to her hair, usually sticking to either a bun or a simple ponytail. Truth be told - she was now beginning to realize that while she did have her dress sorted and many of the other wedding organizing covered, she hadn't really gone into great details on her hair or any of the other details. She'd been thinking a lot today about all the things that still needed to get done, having gotten the invites that morning which she just needed to go through before the organizer was going to mail them in the next few days.

"Sure, honey," Rory replied, stroking Em's back.

Then they heard the doorbell, which was likely to be Lorelai who was coming to babysit.