Chapter 80

March 25th, 2017

"Those are some exceptional legs, darling," Finn noted, as he sat in the first row of a private room at a genuinely classy strip-tease club, his fourth glass of Macallan Red, his new favorite drink, swirling in his hand. The legs were indeed exceptional, as was the rest of her.

It was just the four of them, Logan having not wanted to make this into a big thing - the reason being that he really didn't feel like having this party in the first place. But as it was 'required' and people were most definitely going to ask about it, it was better they did go off somewhere, while Odette did her thing, as people expected them to. It was all about the duties and expectations now, wasn't it?

"Another bottle, please!" Robert ordered, appreciating the little black dresses all the waitresses in this place wore.

The group had more acquired tastes these days, no longer just wanting to watch just any girl in skimpy clothing like it had often been during their Las Vegas visits. Colin even claimed that the institution they were at was one known for highly educated, well-paid and attention hungry women, who chose to do this because they enjoyed it, on top of the very good tips. The place was even owned by a female entrepreneur and it's profit divided between it's workers. It was Colin's equivalent to some some people insisting on socially responsible zero waste all-organic free range vegan food everywhere they went.

The dancer swayed her hips, truly creating some beautiful curves and angles to a slow version of Madonna's 'Justify My Love'. "I do believe you're my favorite tonight," Finn complimented her, and invited her over for a lapdance.

"Why do I get the feeling we're at a wake not a bachelor party?" Colin threw in the air, having for the past half an hour observed the groom-to-be sulk away. At least Logan was drinking, not being a total spoil-sport like he sometimes was, especially this past half a year in his experience..

Another song came on - Booker T's & the M.G's 'Green Onions' sprucing things up a little, most likely because Colin had complained of the dreary mood in the room quite loudly. A new dancer came on stage - a tall and skinny brunette, who actually reminded Colin of someone. As he put the resemblance to the name himself the next second, he could just see Logan winch and pour back the rest of his drink.

"Well, what else would you call it?" Logan huffed, getting irritated. He clearly didn't want to be there.

"Hey - if you can't celebrate tying to knot, then just celebrate us hanging out - a regular night on the town," Colin encouraged. The guys hadn't all seen each other since October. All the guys knew Logan was still not fully over it, they all knew what was bothering him and they also knew that names starting with a R - or an A, were not freely spoken of, but they also knew that he was genuinely trying and they had no intention on making his life any harder. His reasons were his own.

"You're right!" Logan agreed, trying to put on a more positive front, rising from his seat. "But I want to go somewhere else. Something more exciting," he suggested, needing to do something reckless. Drive real fas - if someone would let him behind a wheel somewhere in his state, shoot something, hit something... there had to be something along those lines for them to do if they threw enough money at it, right?

"Logan, come on! Tiffany and I just got acquainted," Finn whined.

"I am starving," Robert pitched in.

"Alright, sorry ladies - it's not that you're not exciting - this one just needs something else tonight," Colin apologized for Logan who was already half-way out the door and left a sizable tip. "Most likely a time machine," Colin commented, quietly.

"Can we bring Tiffany along? We would love to be around these lovely legs some more, wouldn't we?" Finn suggested, hopefully.

***