Chapter 46

December 25th, 2021

There was quite a significant benefit to having Lorelai at the Sandcastle with them. This way Em had another warm bed to slip into in the morning, though her eventual choice always held some degree of surprise. This morning definitely was one in which Logan and Rory had been given their space.

It was still early. Early enough for Em not to be banging on their door to go open the presents. Late enough for adults who found better uses for their bodies than sleeping, one gentle touch, another gentle tug, a dreamy brush of one's lips against the other's skin having led to other things.

His lips were still on hers, lingering, the post-orgasmic bliss having just minutes ago carried through their bodies, which were now hot and glowing from the exertion.

"Definitely a good morning," Rory sight, not wanting to slip out of Logan's arms if she could help it. Logan really was her drug of choice, the chemical composition of whatever made up his scent, taste and feel did wonders for her own brain chemistry, making her feel young, sexy and invincible.

Suddenly Rory's phone pinged, and Rory let out a low, disappointed groan. But it was inevitable. She untangled herself, reluctantly, turning to her other side and reached out for her phone. Logan's hands still caressed her, wrapping around her hips, still hungry for seconds.

"Will be there in 15," said Jess' message, definitely jolting Rory's thoughts onto another wavelength compared to Logan's. But Logan sensed her body tense too, and slowly released his grip.

"Jess just landed," Rory said. She knew that it was time to get her panties back on. And not just. Em would want her to wake her too.

"Ah..., and the morning just got less enticing," Logan commented, knowing well that Rory couldn't expect him to like this addition to their morning. He understood the benefit of it, but Jess would never become his favorite person either. And Rory really didn't mind, she got it.

"Did I tell you I love you recently?" Rory replied, turning around and kissed him as a final promise to resume this later. The fact that he was being this accepting of Jess' place in their life, was worth her gratitude. Not once had he been difficult about any of it.

"You can never say that enough," Logan replied, huskily.

Rory smiled and rose, and flirtily pulled on her underwear, and continued to take off her top that had remained on through the night, and put on her bra and a fresh t-shirt instead, not wanting to appear on the door in her robe this time. It was definitely not an unattractive sight, and Logan knew he was better off starting the morning off with a cool shower to get his head straight.

As Rory emerged from the bedroom, she continued onwards to find Em still in her own bed instead of having snuk to Lorelai's room. It was a little unnerving even, it being so unlike her to actually risk the chance of her daughter finding Logan and her mid-act. She scolded herself for mild recklessness, but didn't regret it, simply feeling relieved that she'd gotten away with it. Maybe Em was even growing out of that habit, little by little.

"Em, honey, time to wake," Rory said, pushing a strand of brown hair behind Em's hair, that was on her face. She continued to rub her back gently.

"Uh..," Em mumbled, still deeply asleep.

"Your dad is going to be here in a few minutes," Rory said, and that certainly did the trick. The girl, still struggling to fully wake, functioned as on automatic and climbed out of her bed, her step still wobbly way she tottered down the stairs ahead of Rory carefully, as if being pulled by some mystic, magnetic, force, made Rory muse to herself about how adorably in love with Jess Em was. Rory could only hope that'd make up for the way she herself had hurt Jess.