Chapter 74

May 4th, 2022

Logan made his way across the Isham Road, followed by a low sound of the horn of an approaching truck, who'd been in a bigger hurry than Logan had anticipated. Logan had hurried his step and it had been fine - it had simply made Logan miss central London for its relaxed policy on crossing the street with a red light.

"Rory's going to have your skin if you keep that up, or hell maybe mine," Honor commented in a sisterly manner, having witnessed his crossing just as she'd parked her car.

Logan shrugged, knowing it wasn't something Honor was expecting a meaningful answer on.

"How did your meeting with Shayaan go?" Logan asked, knowing she'd had a meeting with a major textbook distributor on Monday, which had delayed her departure.

"Alright I guess," Honor shrugged, unenthusiastically, as they made their way towards a coffee shop, intending to have a lunch meeting with his brother this time. It wasn't just about catching up though she'd wished she'd had more time to do that while they'd both been in London. But besides having dinner once over there, time had gotten away from both of them during those evenings, and the work days hadn't always had them working together. Logan didn't exactly need any hand-holding once he got past the security gates at HPG. "He had his own ideas which didn't necessarily fit with our usual strategies, but Josie was snappy enough to explain that to him even without me having to intervene - so it's fine," she added, as she picked an outside table, enjoying the spring weather.

"Good," Logan commented. "So, anything specific you wanted to go over with me?" Logan got straight to the point as he sat down across from her. The sun was in his eye a bit, but he'd survive.

"Well...," Honor exhaled. "I guess I just wanted to check in on how did you feel about that whole thing? Do you think it's something you'd be willing to do again?" Honor asked, feeling a little nervous all of a sudden. "I mean you were a huge help, I felt like I had a clone of myself on the field. I don't have to babysit you like I would with anyone else...," Honor explained, placing the menu she'd picked up for a moment down in front of her.

"Give a finger...," Logan teased.

"Well at least I am asking, not telling," Honor objected, having heard him say something similar to their father once.

"I didn't mind it, it was fine... and I don't mind helping you. But I am not sure London is where I want to be right now, even if it's in the form of trips like this. Sure, I'll go if you need me, but the less the better," Logan replied. 

He was glad he had been able to help - and while Honor truly hadn't needed a lot of it - he could see where his experience had come in handy. As a leader Honor was surprisingly good - she had the empathy that perhaps he and his father had lacked which made her a lot more approachable, but also that strong leadership ability with the longer goal in sight at all times. Honor had gotten a very similar education base than he had, but Honor had also had the freedom to experiment - take art, design and media courses as her electives. She'd skipped sitting in on board meetings unlike he had, but she'd had her own non-profits and an executive position in HPG's New York office for years now. She was no stranger to hard work and it seemed like she truly seemed to be infused with the same personality traits that came in handy in this line of work.

Seeing Odette had lifted the heaviness that came with the city, but it still lingered - the anticipation of sooner or later being caught in front of the lens of a paparazzi camera came with the city too. And he liked this anonymity he had here - well almost - a lot of people still knew him here. But here he was given his space - everyone who was anyone, or had been anyone was given their space around here.

"I pretty much figured that," Honor exhaled, not hiding her disappointment. "I don't want to be over there either. And the web-conferences... it's just not working unless everyone is working from home," she explained. "Two weeks ago we were having a budget discussion and once I logged off Christian showed up with some fresh data but I had logged up by then. So of course I am the one out of the loop later on. It just doesn't work as well," she elaborated, shaking her head.