Chapter 31 🍰

"They'll be fine, as long as we don't get too much in the way."

-----------------------------

AUTHOR POV THE NEXT MORNING 6:30

The two omegas opened the café and Chanhee took out the towels and menus to get ready for customers. Chanhee used the towels to clean the tables while Jacob got some ingredients. Jacob huffed, feeling a bit dizzy, Right, I forgot those idiots had triggered my heat.. Jacob thought to himself as he brought the bags to the upper shelf with the help of a stepping stool. "Chanhee.. I-I'm gonna go to the storage room for a minute break. I'll come back, I just feel a bit-" "Yeah, yeah, no problem, go ahead!" Chanhee cut him off.

Jacob entered the storage room, back sliding down against the wall as he tried to calm his dizzy head. His breathing hitched as he started feeling hot. Where did my suppressants go again.. Jacob hadn't taken it with him. Of course, he never expected to get triggered in the first place.. Chanhee was cleaning the tables. Carefully placing the menus on the table, Ding* Ding* The door bell was heard. Chanhee turned his head to the door.

"Oh, hey Hak," Chanhee greeted. "Hey Chanhee, do you know where Jacob is?" Haknyeon asked innocently. "Yeah.. He's in the storage room, he said he was taking a minute break in there. Now that I think about it. He's been in there pretty long-" "Did something happen?" Haknyeon asked, worried. Chanhee just shrugged, "You wanna go check?" Haknyeon nodded and went behind the counter and opened the door.

Strong pheromones immediately filled Haknyeon's senses as he opened the door. He clenched his fists as he held the door knob to control himself. He slowly entered the room, "Jacob Hyung..?" Hak called, "O-Oh.. I'll c-come out in a-" Jacob whimpered as he held his neck, "a b-bit.. W-wait for me o-outside I'll come out soon H-Hak." The omega waved his hands, motioning for Hak to go out. Haknyeon nodded and closed the door. Chanhee was serving a couple at the table so he didn't think he should concern the boy with what just happened.

Chanhee noticed Haknyeon came out of the room alone and went to him after serving the customers, "Is Jacob alright?" Chanhee and, "Yeah um.. Do you have suppressants with you? I think a heat wave hit him." Haknyeon asked to which the older one nodded and took his bag. "Oh, right, do you think I could order my usual?" He asks and Chanhee again nods, "Of course, sit at a table and I'll bring it in a bit." Chanhee states and enters the storage room. Haknyeon takes a seat, and starts zoning out. Ding* Ding* The door opened and closed once again. Haknyeon glared at the brown haired boy that entered.

Kevin glanced around before taking a seat at a table. Chanhee placed the drink and cake on Haknyeon's table. He noticed that Haknyeon didn't see it and was looking at something else. He looked and saw Kevin, waiting at the table next to the window, looking outside. "Oh." Chanhee got up and went to order, "Hey Kevin, what would you like?" Chanhee and Kevin turned to him, "Ah.. Just the matcha flavored coffee, oh and, do you know where Jacob is?" Said Kevin and Chanhee nodded, "Jacob will be out in a bit."

Just then Jacob came out of the storage room. "Ah, Kevin!" Jacob smiled walking over to the boy, "You alright?" Jacob asked, ruffling the younger's hair as he sat on the chair next to the other. "Of course." Kevin replied, he felt his heart flutter at the sight of the older's angelic smile. "Did you want the same as last time?" Kevin nodded, "It was really good last time!" Jacob's grin grew at Kevin's words. He got up to go and make Kevin's drink. "So do you actually like him in.. That way?" Chanhee asks. Sitting on the chair in front of Kevin. Kevin blushed, remembering when Changmin yelled out that he had a crush on Jacob.

"Well.. I mean... I do really like him, but, I don't know if he-" He was cut off by Chanhee's sigh, "Don't think he doesn't like you I mean.. He talks about you a lot actually.. But not like I can confirm his feelings though." Chanhee could see the sparkles in Kevin's eyes as he was speaking. Haknyeon was eavesdropping on the whole conversation. He clenched his fists on the glass cup as he heard the whole thing. He hated how Jacob greeted him with the pretty smile he didn't think Kevin deserved to see. "You better not do anything suspicious to him though." Chanhee threatened Kevin.

"Don't worry, I'm not that kind of person," Kevin replied.

-----------------------