three

7 October 2020

I've been feeling extremely sick recently

I've been feeling extremely sick recently. I think I've eaten something spoiled or I'm just upset and it's causing me to feel physically ill.

I am cooped up in Niall's guest bedroom, curled up in bed while scrolling through my phone to try and ignore the images that want to replay through my mind from the other night.

It's only been one day since everything went down with Harry and everything is extremely fresh in my mind.

Niall was confused when I turned up on his doorstep last night crying but he welcomed me in, sat me down with him and tried to understand what was wrong with me.

I ended up telling him this morning and by the time he'd gone to the house Harry and I had shared, Harry had packed all his belongings and left.

If I hadn't left to start with he might not have either but I couldn't have stayed in the house after what he did, what he went off to do after I waited for him to come home.

The loud blare of my phone ringing interrupts my mindless scrolling of instagram, I roll my eyes at the unknown number on my screen but I press the accept button just in case it's important.

You never know.

I put the phone on speaker so I don't have to hold it.

"Hello?" I speak when no one else does.

"Is this Miss Adalaide Bianchi?"

"Um.. yeah, who's this?" I ask back, very confused, they sound Italian but speaking in English to me and there's a lot of background noise.

"Hi, I'm Mr Accardi and I work in A & L law inc in Italy. I'm your brother's lawyer, could I just get you to confirm your brother's full name?" What the fuck's Matteo done.

"Matteo Patrick Bianchi." I answer, "what happened?"

"Miss Bianchi I would recommend you take a seat if you aren't already." He replies, my eyes widening as I jolt up in bed.

"I am, can you tell me what's happening?"

"I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, your brother passed away this morning."

I go silent. I don't think I'm breathing.

"I think you've made a mistake." Is all I can mumble down the phone.

"I'm sorry Miss Bianchi, there's no mistake. I have something rather important to discuss with you." He explains down the phone.

"What's that?" I ask, wiping a tear off of my cheek.

"In your brother's will, he stated very strongly that his daughter Posie Emery Bianchi is to live with you."

"Can I come get her? I'll be a few hours, I'm in England right now." There's no hesitation with it, I'm going to get my little niece.