twenty two

14 November 2020

"How're you feeling?" I look at Addie led across the sofa of my mum's living room

She caught Capri's cold and is currently experiencing the worst day of it. Due to her being so ill she has decided to come and stay with my mum for the day to have some help with the girls, she came here last night all poorly.

In her lap is a bowl of soup that my mum made for her, her eyes peacefully shut as she rests her head back against some of the decorative pillows.

"Shit." She mumbles out, voice raspy and low because of her sore throat.

Capri is living her best life, prancing around the living room with the brightest smile on her face as she dances around.

I'm taking her out for lunch so Addie can have some quiet time without our dancing girl causing ruckus.

Taking a seat beside her thighs on the couch, I reach over and place the back of my hand on her forehead to feel her burning up under my hand. "You're very hot, m'lovely." I lean over and press a kiss to her forehead.

"I feel like shit." She murmurs, eyes peeling open to see me hovering above her with a soft smile on my face.

I reach out, brushing some baby hairs off of her forehead which makes the softest smile appear on her face. "I'm going to take Cece now, will you be okay?"

Nodding her head, she yawns. "Your mum is here, H, could you just put the soup on the table? I'm going to take a nap."

I lift the bowl of soup off of her, sliding it onto the coffee table and watching Addie roll onto her side to get more comfy.

Capri bounds out of the kitchen, twirling as she heads towards me and Addie. "We goin' now?" She asks, hopping into my lap to wrap her little arms around me.

"Mhm, say bye bye to mumma and go put your shoes on." I kiss her temple before she leaps off of my lap and heads over to Addie's face.

Gently, she places her tiny hand on Addie's cheek which makes Addie look up at her with a smile on her face. "Me 'n daddy are goin' out, you be okay?" She whispers, using her other hand to swirl a piece of Addie's hair around.

"I'll be okay, you have the bestest time with daddy and uncle Niall." Addie looks up at Capri with the softest eyes.

Capri nods, "missin' you."

"I'll miss you too, Little Sun." Capri leans down and kisses Addie's cheek with a loud 'mwah' sound, making a wide smile appear on my face.

"Daddy say bye bye." Capri tells me, rushing past me towards the front door to attempt to get her shoes on, ready to go.

Smiling, I watch her head into the porch before I look back at Addie who happens to be looking straight back at me.

"Say hi to Niall for me and don't forget to pick P up, Gemma can't get her today." She reminds me, Gemma was meant to pick Posie up today but has to stay late at work.