fourteen

6 October 2016

"Marla, I don't want to do this

"Marla, I don't want to do this." I whine pathetically, sitting in the passenger seat of her car while she drinks vodka straight from the bottle beside me.

She shrugs, unbothered, taking the bottle away from her lips. "I didn't want a dead dad but look at where we are now." She says so casually, thrusting the bottle in my direction.

I shake my head, pushing it away. "I don't drink anymore." I got clean ready to marry Addie, ready to start a family with her.

"Well, you might need some liquid courage tonight." She again pushes the bottle in my direction.

Sighing, I grab the bottle from her knowing she's right. "What do I have to do?" I question before taking a small sip of the alcohol.

"Go home, cause an argument and storm off. Come back out here, we'll get drunk." She tells me her shit plan that she must have formulated as she spoke it outloud to me.

I take a bigger gulp of the vodka, feeling it burn down my throat and warm my chest. "Addie and I never argue, how am I meant to cause one."

The last thing we argued about was the fact I didn't want to watch the same movie as her and that wasn't an argument because she pouted and I gave in.

We just aren't the arguing type, we get along like bestfriends and have never had anything we could possibly argue about.

The only time we've gotten angry at one another was when she defended Matteo's actions when he was younger. I was trying to say what he did to her was wrong but she argued that he had no idea it was going on, my point was that he didn't know because he wasn't being a brother to her like he should've

I saw her and immediately knew there was something wrong and her brother could easily see over that for a decade.

"I'm going." I sigh, opening the passenger door and climbing out. I slam it shut before Marla can say anything else and walk towards my house.

She's only parked a few houses up in the gated community so the walk back is quick, I unlock the front door and kick my shoes off as Addie comes rushing over.

I shut the door, her arms wrapping around me as she cuddles against my chest. "Missed you." She looks up, resting her chin on my chest so she can see me.

There's a pretty smile on her face, "I missed you more, m'love." I lean down and press my lips against her own as she begins walking backwards and taking me with her.

Our lips mould together perfectly, Addie smiling into the kiss as her knees hit the edge of the sofa. She pulls away to look up at me, "are you trying to seduce me, Mr Styles?" She giggles.

My hand finds hers, lifting it between us and pressing a kiss to the tip of her ring finger. "Only if you'd let me, future Mrs Styles."

She rolls her pretty eyes, breaking free from between me and the sofa and walking towards the kitchen. "I made dinner." She tells me, standing in the doorway to the kitchen.