twenty five

27 November 2020

"What's bothering you?" Mum asks as I walk into the living room, a cup of tea in my hands with Gizmo trotting down by my feet

He's been staying here for the past week because Addie hasn't wanted to leave him alone while she's been busy and I was happy to have him around me.

Addie's boss has made her go back some days a week instead of allowing her to continue working from home like she wants to. It's blatantly obvious how much she hates working there and I think she should quit.

"Been bothering me?" I question, walking over and sitting down on the sofa and Gizmo jumps up beside me, immediately laying down and resting his head on my thighs.

Mum nods, "I can tell somethings going on with you, did something happen with you and Addie?" She asks, a slight frown on her face but I shake my head straight away.

Addie and I are fine, perfect in fact.

"No, we're okay." I smile over at her, "do you remember me telling you about Marla?" I question, sipping my tea quickly before placing my mug on the coffee table and placing a hand on top of Gizmo's fluffy head.

He nuzzles against my palm being extremely affectionate which is something I've noticed he is. Every night he cuddles up to me completely, snuggling into my chest and snoring away.

"Yes, I remember. What's she done?" She sounds angry when speaking about Marla, she knows everything that happened and I've never seen my mum angier in my life.

Shrugging, I look down at Gizmo. "Just keeps on messaging and ringing me to tell me that I'm not going to be successful without her." I sigh, hearing my phone buzz on the coffee table but I don't bother moving because I know it's Marla.

Mum sends me a sympathetic look, "remember you were successful before her, you don't need her to do anything. You've got Addie back in your life, two sweet little girls and a future there, personally I think that's much better than being famous."

Smiling, I nod because I completely agree. Meeting Addie was the best thing that ever happened to me, I was in a dark place when I met her and she completely changed my life for the better.

Addie and I met because I was on tour with One Direction but I like to think no matter what we would have met.

She's always been adamant that if I hadn't met her when I did she wouldn't  have lived much longer in the conditions she was in. I saw how she lived and I agree with her. I wouldn't even want a rat in the room she was forced to live in for a decade.

She'd often joke that she was kidnapped and had a severe case of Stockholm syndrome but I know that's her way of coping with what she went through.

"I love her, mum." I admit out loud, watching a smile spread over her lips.