eighty three

Warning: mentions of death and use of sleeping pills (addiction)

14 March 2022

"Addie, knock knock

"Addie, knock knock." Niall wakes me up from my nap by knocking on my bedroom door, my eyes peeling open and squinting from how bright the room is.

I watch Niall walk in with Sonny on his hip, he's rubbing his tired eyes clearly just having woken up from his nap. His little curls are messy and he's still wearing his little nap onesie and he looks so adorable.

"Sonny's feeling a little sad, I think he wants his Mumma." I notice once he's finished rubbing his eyes that his fingers go straight into his mouth and his little cheeks are flushed.

I peel myself to sit up, "he looks a little poorly." I mumble, pinching my eyes shut to ease the dizziness that overwhelms my body immediately. It takes a second to pass but when it does Niall is already sitting near my legs with Sonny in his lap. "Are you feeling poorly, Sunshine boy?"

Niall carefully passes Sonny over to me and I sit him on my lower stomach as I sit slouched against the headboard, he's quick to grab at my finger and begins to chew on it. I look over at Niall, "I think his little teeth are starting to come through."

I watch Niall's brows raise, "I thought that but he hasn't been crying, Capri screamed the house down when she was teething."

That's true, that little baby had some lungs on her. She kept us up all the time when she was teething with her screaming, I thought there was something wrong with her to start with.

Carefully, I use my finger to look at Sonny's gums and I see the tiniest little white lump on his bottom gum. "He's definitely teething, I can see a little tooth! Sonny's getting his first ever tooth!" I smile at my baby boy as he bites against my finger.

"Shall I go pop some teething rings in the fridge?" Niall offers kindly knowing chilled teething rings helped Capri when she was teething all those years ago.

"Please...could you see if we have any melon? I might see if that helps." He's old enough to be trying some new foods now that he's verging on six months and his doctor is more than happy for him to start trying some soft fruits.

"Course, are you coming down?"

I nod my head, beginning to climb out of bed with Sonny in my arms and he rests his little head on my shoulder. "Are the girls alright?" I ask as we walk down the corridor, Niall slightly ahead of me.

"Yep, Pos is doing some school work and Capri was watching a movie." He chuckles, beginning to practically skip down the stairs. "Andddd she's gone."

I laugh as the living room is empty except for Posie sitting at the coffee table with some of her school work spread over the wood while she silently writes away. She lifts her head when she hears us come down, "Cece went to find food."