eighty nine

4 April 2022

"Is all of this really necessary?" Louis complains as he carries Posie and Capri in his arms, walking behind me towards Anne's house

I turn around, holding a happy Sonny in my arms. "Yes, we don't want to get caught." I shake my head, not believing he's actually questioning my plan right now. It's foolproof yet he actually thinks it might not work.

"Niall, we're breaking into someone's house not going to a party." I squint my eyes at him, watching as he continues to walk past me with the girls in his arms. They're both half asleep considering it's fairly late for them but little Sonny is wide awake having the time of his life.

"Whatever." I huff, turning back around to catch him up while he knocks on Anne's door before he lets himself inside because she knows we're coming over.

I follow him inside, Anne walking over with a smile on her face before she takes Capri from Louis' arms. "Are you two actually going to break into a house?" She asks, moving around the room to lay Capri on the sofa and Louis follows to put Posie down.

"I honestly think it's the only way we'll get the evidence we need, Harry said there's a lot in there." I reply, following behind them while Sonny bounces in excitement in my arms. "You need to go to sleep. Your mum would be mad if she knew you were awake right now." I speak to Sonny who simply giggles before puckering his lips out for a kiss that I happily give him.

Kisses are all he wants nowadays. I took him shopping this morning and he sat in the trolley with his lips puckered for a kiss the entire time, it was so hard to actually shop because he just wanted kisses.

"I'll get him to sleep." Anne holds her arms out to receive him and I happily pass him over to her, "you two be careful, I already have a son in hospital and a daughter-in-law in jail, I don't need you two getting yourselves in trouble."

"We will, I doubt she'll be home anyways." I shrug, if she is then we're simply screwed.

"Alright, come here, let me hug you both before you go." She opens her arms for Louis first because he's closer, pressing a kiss on his head before pulling back and heading for me. She wraps her arms around me, kissing my head. "Please be careful, for the kids, they can't lose you as well."

I nod, smiling at her when she pulls back. The kids have me as their sense of normalcy now, they still live in their home just I'm the one caring for them and if I was taken from them I don't know how they'd cope. I'm sure Anne would be amazing with them but I think Posie would struggle the most.

Posie is already struggling a lot, I obviously have no idea how to help her but Harry has been looking at getting her into therapy as soon as possible. So much has happened in her short life and I think she needs someone to talk to outside of her family.

"Bye Sonny, be good." I wave him, watching him squeal and giggle at the attention I'm giving him. It never fails to make me smile seeing him so happy, it's contagious and I can see why Addie used him as a distraction when Harry was in a coma.