thirty six

Warning: mentions of blood, broken limbs and very brief mentions of pregnancy loss

22 February 2021

"And juice... and cupcakes... and chocolate... and-"

"Alright Cece, I think we've got enough food." I chuckle, watching her spin around to face me on the stool she's standing on.

"But sandwishes and fruits, Daddy." She pouts, holding a kiwi in her little hand and a pack of cheese in her other.

I chuckle at her pronunciation, "It's sandwiches, Angel."

She shrugs, not bothered that she didn't pronounce it right and instead goes back to collecting food that she and Posie have begun to get out of the cupboards and fridge in preparation for the tea party.

Gizmo is sitting by their feet, waiting for one of them to drop something so he can eat it up.

I know he probably shouldn't eat whatever they drop but he's got the biggest, panting smile on his face while he happily wags his tail.

"I think we've got enough food." I attempt to intervene again but I end up getting ignored because they're way too engrossed in this tea party.

I'd have tea parties with them everyday if they asked but I think Niall is the key to them.

I would happily sit and be dressed up as a princess while Niall is a little more grumpy about it and I think Capri finds it funny, it's more entertainment for her.

However, I think she's loving the idea of all of us having a party together.

Eating some cookies and other snacks that she and Posie have been picking out, as well as the ones Addie and Niall are getting from the shop.

"Come on P, gotta put it on table!" Capri holds as much as she can in her little arms, hopping off of the stool and beginning to walk into the living room.

Posie follows after her, holding as much as she can carry. "Can you get the rest please, Daddy?" She asks me sweetly, with a little smile on her face as she gestures to the remaining food on the counter top.

"Of course, Sunflower."

I gather up the rest of the food, following after my girls and watching how they carefully begin laying out on the coffee table.

"This seat is for Mumma." Capri pats the sofa, "she sits on sofa."

"How come Mumma gets to sit on the sofa?" I'm curious as to why Addie gets to sit on the sofa and no one else does.

Capri pats her tummy, "Mumma's tummy poorly."I smile at her thoughtfulness.

"Her tummy is a little poorly."

"Daddy make up time?" Capri asks me with a questioning pout on her face.

I smile over at her sweet face, "you want to do my makeup, Angel?" She nods, "okay but you gotta be gentle with Mumma's stuff."