sixty five

Adalaide Bianchi, 12 September

Adalaide Bianchi, 12 September. 11:28pm

It woke me up from my deep sleep, a pain that felt different from the others I had been experiencing and I instantly knew what was going on.

Yet, I felt no panic.

My body turns in Harry's grip when the pain begins to fade into a tightening feeling as my muscles contract.

"H." I gently shake him, hearing his soft little snores escape his lips as he sleeps soundly with his arms wrapped around me. His curls are wild around his head, messy and still slightly damp from the shower we had a few hours ago. "Harry." I whisper again when he doesn't wake up instantly.

He inhales sharply, eyes peeling open in the dark room. They're a little sleepy looking, confused as he looks at me and wonders why I've woken him up.

"Addie?" He murmurs, his voice raspy and deep from being asleep. "What's wrong?"

A soft chuckle leaves my lips, pushing a few stray curls out of his eyes as he looks at me with a glint of concern mixed in with the green. "I had a strong contraction, I think I'm starting to go into labour." I explain, twisting a particular wet curl around my finger.

His eyes widened a considerable amount, launching his body up in a panic and vigorously rubbing at his eyes. I remain led down, watching him throw the blankets off of his body and beginning to pace the bedroom.

I pull myself to sit up, leaning over and switching the bedside lamp on so I can see him completely. His grey sweatpants are hung low on his hips, my eyes immediately being drawn to the ferns, the definition, the little hairs.

Not the time to be horny, Adalaide.

"Why are you saying that so casually?!" His voice raises in pitch, tugging at the roots of his hair while I take sips of water out of the bottle I brought up a few hours ago when we came to bed. "Why is my voice so high?!"

"He's not gonna be born anytime soon, we've just got to track the contractions." I explain to him, knowing he probably thinks we need to go to the hospital right now but that's not how it works.

You go to the hospital when your contractions are timed a certain way or if your water breaks, that's what I learnt with Capri. They'll turn you away at the hospital because it can be hours, even days, between labour starting and beginning to push.

He turns to face me, disbelief all over his face as stares at me and then proceeds to climb up the bed to sit beside me. "You're so relaxed." He comments softly, tucking some of my hair behind my ear and I smile at him.

"I feel relaxed, I'm just excited to meet him." I shrug, it's true. "I've got to get myself in that mindset ready to give birth."

He nods his head, leaning over to press a swift kiss to my cheek. "Try to get some more sleep in you though, you need to be well rested, baby."