sixteen

20 October 2020

"Mumma." There's little fingers tapping my face.

My eyes peel open, feeling very groggy from having an afternoon nap. "Hiya mumma!" Her voice is extremely excited, grinning down at me as her tiny hands move to hold my face.

She dressed extremely adorable today, brown baggy trousers with a matching cardigan with the buttons done up to keep her warm and her favourite pair of converse.

"Hi little sun

"Hi little sun." I smile, puckering my lips out to her and she leans down to kiss me before climbing up and laying on top of my body.

My arms wrap around her back, pressing a kiss to the top of her head as she relaxes on my body.

She's been a very clingy girl recently, I think it's because she hasn't seen Harry in two days, the poor thing. There's no question about how much she loves him, they've already built this little bond that I adore.

He spent the day with her, came to pick Posie up, ate dinner with us before he went back to Anne's house where he's staying for the time being.

I was going to ask him to stay with me for a bit but I wasn't sure if I'd be crossing an invisible boundary that we currently have.

It's so weird having Harry right in front of me but feeling like he's not my Harry anymore. I can't love him how I used to even though when I last saw his face I loved him with my entire soul.

My fingers gently comb through her curls, "are you feeling a little daddy sick?" I'm pouting to myself as I talk, her little head popping up so she can see my face.

"Miss him."

"He's coming over later, remember, he's picking P up from school and then he's taking you both out somewhere." I remind her, holding her tiny face in my hand.

"Oh yeah!" She suddenly remembers and all sadness is washed away as she jumps up from off of my body. "Gotta get Percy ready!"

My brows raise, propping myself up on my elbows to watch her run around the living room and up the stairs.